WA trip so far

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WA trip so far

Post by carms on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:03 am

just a few from my trip to WA, never had a detector before the trip and forked out and purchased a 5000 and havnt looked back..... pieces are from around Kal and up Leo way
carms

Back to top Go down

Re: WA trip so far

Post by Guest on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:31 am

Nice stash there Carms,Looks like you've got a handle on the 5k mate.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by big chop on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 7:29 am

man thats some good looking gold there all those small ones add up
awesome job Very Happy

KALGOORLIE:hannan,flanagan,0'shea COOLGARDIE: Bayley, Ford SOUTHERN CROSS:Riseley, Toomey LEONORA: sullivan,booden MOUNT MAGNET: woodley,sampey CUE:Cue,fitzgerald,HeffernanMEEKATHARRA:Connolly SANDSTONE:Hack,Dent HALLS CREEK: Hall, Slattery
big chop

Back to top Go down

Post by carms on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

a few also got cut off on my photo for some reason...prob have to learn how to post them the right way, that was as of last week & have found another 15 or so since then, biggest one of the group is the 8.6 gramer at the back followed by a couple of 3's a few 2's and a number of 1's and sub 1's, smallest one didnt tip the scale but it only goes down to .1 so it must be smaller than that...oh and the speci's which are 3.5, 11 with 3 grams of gold and the big one is 25g but only looks to be maybe .3 or so visable on the surface but havnt done a gravity on that one yet but it may not have enough gold in it to register.....only just realised today that i wasnt running the 5000 on fine gold but on enhance jkihyig so maybe ill pick up a few more now i changed it to fine gold lol....enhanced was working good for me i thought but ive heard that fine gold is the setting to use on the 5000...any comments?
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:19 pm

G,day carms, great goin there, fine gold is the go over here thats for sure, over east i used normal and fine gold but normal can get very noisy over here, enhance is ok but fine gold is a little louder on the littlies but im not sure which is better on depth on bigger targets, may need to ask more experienced fellas cheers Stu
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

Enhance for the big coils 18" and up and fine gold for the smaller 14" down.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by carms on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 5:36 am

thanks pete, hey what would you recommend for a 17x12 elip? running in enhance or fine gold? i like the coil and in enhance was picking up pieces down to .2 but they were very soft to hear even though they were just under the surface, managed to find another little patch of very very sharp and jagged pieces, 15 grams so far from a tiny area but ive only been running the 17x12 so i think ill need to get out there with the smaller 11inch mono and hope there are a heap of tiny ones as majority have been around the 1gram to 2 gram range with a few halves thrown in for good measure.....loving WA, i think i might stay!
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:09 am

G'day Carms

A simple way to work out what the best tining to choose for any elliptical coil on the 5k is the coil surface area equation.
11" + 17" = (28") divided by 2 = 14" so the 17x11 has the same
surface area as a 14" round and i would be running that on Fine gold
for the smaller bits generally, you can always run it in enhance if you want to go back over the same area after just to see if it grabs more but Fine Gold would be your 1st choice.

If your having trouble with those wet patches giving ground noises like deep wide-ish signals as we did on the weekend i suggest you run your GB TYPE in Specific GB, follow the directions in your manual to set that up as it must be done in a certain way or it just goes bonkers..
But it will knock them wet hot spots on the head 100% mate. Wink

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum