Ten Days Detecting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ten Days Detecting

Post by Biggest Kev on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

Hi All, Got back yesty from our trip up to Meekatharra, we spent 2 nights at Lake Annean found no gold so proceeded on to Meeka we stayed for 4 nights detecting on Yoothapina Station only finding 2 pieces between the 4 of us.
We packed it in and decided to head down to Cue and try a spot my mate Tom put me onto, thanks Tom, not too many people would give their spots up, anyway we picked up 10 pieces all sub gramers but sweet. After spending 2 nights at Cue we reluctantly left this spot and headed down to Mt Magnet to a spot our travelling partners knew of, there were some old timer shafts and some scrapes, plenty of rubbish so we ventured away from our camp and detected around the bottom of some nearby hills digging hot rocks and some bullets untill finally I dug my first sub gramer from the area, our friends picked up 2 pieces and then after 2 nights in Magnet it was time to head home.
All up I found 7 small pieces the wife zero still to find her first piece and our friends picked up 8 pieces, we had a great time and I think I've got my 3000 tuned to perfection at the moment, was really chuffed to be finding such small pieces and our friends were using 4000 and 5000 I believe I'm doing ok can't wait to head off again, maybe September.

Cheers Kev

Last edited by Bignuggs on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : attachments are for documents not photos, cheers)
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Re: Ten Days Detecting

Post by Peaky on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

Gday Kev

Looks like you had a great time

Nice Pics too

Peaky

Back to top Go down

ten days detecting

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

good time had by all and a bit off gold sounds awesome
well done

jase

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm

way to go kev sweet pics mate Cool looks like the crew had a blast!!

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:50 pm

Good goin Kev, would love to head over that way one day, good luck in september, cheers Stu
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

Nice work Kev & Mrs Kev Very Happy
As you said mate, if your picking the small bits up you've got ya 3k
running sweet and you only have to walk over a big goldenKev cheers

Pete

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum