Gold Guru

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gold Guru

Post by Guest on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 4:56 pm

Hi Everyone!
Got back Weds after six days of heaven being away from the big smoke!
Day 1 Arrived Magnet 6:30am, waited for the park office to open at 7am, booked in, set up the camper, rang my mate Ronnie from Sandstone, he was 30k away and was going to be there soon.
Ronnie arrived, we went to Magnet mines office, got some info on the leases
Went out and looked for some scrapes etc, no luck
Day 2 Went out early to some spots I had found some nuggets, no luck
My mate jr4500 arrived from Cue, had a few reds a bloody good nosh up and jr got his guitar out and sang a few of his good aussie songs he wrote, fantastic!
Day 3 jr suggested going Geraldton/Yalgoo road and look around
Found a spot with scrapes, by the end of the day, jr 15 nuggets, goldstrijk 5 and Ronnie bullets, nails, rust flakes etc, he was a happy man Haha! Not!
Day 4 Went to the same spot, now jr was starting to give me the sh---ts, every time he found one, I could hear him shout, at the end of the day he had 16 nuggies, I had 3, Ronnie more of the same crap he had been finding
So, jr had found 31 in two days, then he revealed he had a secret weapon, he had just bought a new coil which was deadly.
jr had to go back to Cue for work next day (Monday) and I thought, now me and Ronnie might have a chance, but found ZIP next two days
The trip was fantastic and am going to do one more before the heat sets in.
Regards Goldstrijk

This is jr's collection for this season

Back to top Go down

Re: Gold Guru

Post by Biggest Kev on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:07 pm

Thanks for sharing your story Goldstrijk,nice finds by JR.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by big chop on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

man that spot sounds deadly same with the coil.
at least ya found something.
cheers bc

KALGOORLIE:hannan,flanagan,0'shea COOLGARDIE: Bayley, Ford SOUTHERN CROSS:Riseley, Toomey LEONORA: sullivan,booden MOUNT MAGNET: woodley,sampey CUE:Cue,fitzgerald,HeffernanMEEKATHARRA:Connolly SANDSTONE:Hack,Dent HALLS CREEK: Hall, Slattery
big chop

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:00 pm

great going there Goldstrijk, sounds like ya had a great time, but i gota ask what detectors did you all have, what coils, why did jr do so much better did he not drink or maybe Ronnie didnt drink enough lol! cheers Stu
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:01 pm

Good report Pete, what was the new coil John bought mate.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:33 pm

Hey Pete
I think it was a Nugget Finder elipitical 12 x 8
jr is going to confirm
Tell ya one thing mate, me and Ronnie are getting one Haha!!!!!!
Goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:38 pm

Hey Snapper
Me and Ronnie had the 5K, jr 4500
I think it proves coils ain't coils
But I always thought the 4500 was in the ball park with 5K
Goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by jr4500 on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:59 pm

Hi fella's
I was using my 4500 with a new 14" x 9" eliptical GOLDFINDER coil. They are the best. I took that advice from 2 oldtimers in the Murchison who have been detecting since detectors came out. One, Sovereign John (in his 70's) who detects every day, and who I go out detecting with regularly is amazing and regularly finds 15 nuggets (small though) on average a day in hammered ground. I was in DEEP with pretty normal settings - Enhance, Mono, etc. with pretty normal other settings including Boost, Slow, etc, getting your RX gain and Enhance right so you havent got chatter.

I think its more technique, in going slow and low and listening for the signal, which does not have to be loud or distinct. When your detector is tuned well and balanced well, any sound will be a potential target. It has to be. Usually when you scrape off a couple of inches, then it is much more distinct and you know you definitely have a target, usually gold if you are in a pretty much trash free area. Even a murmer is a signal and is likely a deep target or a deep specimen (gold in rock). My mate has found 1.2kg gold & more much deep (hundreds of thousands $'s worth) that started off a murmer. He also used NuggetFinder coils.
Cheers
John R (jr4500)

jr4500

Back to top Go down

Post by jr4500 on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:04 pm

I might add I must get back to that patch. This weekend I spent elsewhere.
I only chained half the main area I concentrated on for the 31 nuggets so looking fwd to getting back there next weekend.
31 nuggets in two days - I'm pretty happy with that & looking forward to spending more time in the area. But it wont be as much fun without my good mate Goldstrijk. He is just an amazing fella - a real true blue and just an absolute pleasure to be with.
John R (jr4500)

jr4500

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 4:53 pm

Good work jr good to see that 4500 pinging a few for ya cheers you Will need to show the young fella how to drive that 5000 of his

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:17 am

Reckon I know what was goen on here, "a plan was in the making", they sent poor Ronnie off out in front to remove all the garb jkihyig
Jr cleaned up the easy nuggies from the now trash free ground wegr , then comes Goldstrijk who was actually the better operator and pings the remaining nuggs left in the ground that Jr couldn't detect fhsdfg

Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:44 am

a;SCAQ I bet Pete would agree too Chris hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by jr4500 on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 7:19 pm

ha Ha ha Ha 'Someday Today' or is it Chris?
Very clever & funny analogy of us poor buggers out in the scrub trying to find Au.
That sure got my funny bone going. Laughed my ar*e off!!!
I'm heading back to the patch this weekend & will keep an eye out in my rear vision mirror for the Flyin' Kiwi and his big brute of a 4WD following me!!! Knowin' his good beeping technique, he would clean up!
Good detecting fellas.

jr4500

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

I'm heading to a patch this weekend I think , but it's been avoiding me.
I'm in the proverbial, wrong sort of patch
Ok, I'm a baaad boy Twisted Evil

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 10:31 am

Cliff, if it brings a smile to yu face then it's gottu be the right patch! eafgh
If the locality's been thrashed to death, you may wannu see the local quack afterwards lol!

Ronnie mate, the buggers turned your rx down, crank it back up man QK; Friends! who needs enemy's whgirt

Cheers
Chris
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 3:47 pm

you know what they say Chris Razz

Red head at night sailors delight
red rash in morning sailor take warning

Back to top Go down

Post by yella stuff on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:09 pm

top read fella's, Ronnie I think there is an art to finding crap mate, we all get that at times

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum