Can you see it ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can you see it ??

Post by K town swinger on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 11:22 am

Specked this speccie on Sunday,nice and clean after the rain.

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you see it ??

Post by Biggest Kev on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:53 pm

Nice clean nugget K Town. Is the white stuff salt?

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 5:03 pm

Kev

they got a bit of snow with the last cyclone that came through Wink

or it could be a spot about 20min east of karratha.... quite close to the beach Wink Wink

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 6:34 pm

Haha lol rogee Tom. So your a married man now, guess you wont be getn away out bush much these days haha lol. Laughing

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Can you see it ??

Post by albo on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:10 pm

Thanks K town , best sunbaker pic or otherwise iv seen, cheers albo.
albo

Back to top Go down

Can you see it ??

Post by albo on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:11 pm

slow net double post again

Last edited by albo on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double post)
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:11 pm

Ya got the salt, where's the fish and chips lol! I'll take a stab at it and say it's Cleaverville area Very Happy nice beach and fishing there.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:22 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Ya got the salt, where's the fish and chips lol! I'll take a stab at it and say it's Cleaverville area Very Happy nice beach and fishing there.

Your on to it Cliff.Since the fire went through last week every man and his dog have been hitting it hard.

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:54 pm

I only went there for the fishing, it's a nice little spot in the creek or out near the mouth when the tide was out. it was something to do on a Saturday night and to get ya outa town and it was a good camping spot. Never tried detecting there, but did try down the old Harding Dam access road. Never did find anything tho.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Can you see it ??

Post by albo on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 10:18 pm

cant get any better Ktown, detector in one hand & a mangrove muddy crab claw in the other, albo.
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:16 pm

Nice find K town. Always good to find the sunbaker.
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 6:26 am

Nosralt wrote:Nice find K town. Always good to find the sunbaker.

Hey Nosralt,have you been getting on to a few up your way mate or the temps and rain been a drama?

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 7:27 am

Not much luck up here so far this year K Town. That thing called work has been interfering with my swinging time.
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:16 am

Nosralt wrote:Not much luck up here so far this year K Town. That thing called work has been interfering with my swinging time.

Was going to head up your way next week for a day or two but looks like we could have another cyclone forming as early as Saturday.See how the weather pans out,but will be up hopefully mid April if all goes well with my permission off FMG,so i'll give you a PM and let ya know.

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:28 am

Great pics K,town, would love to have a swing on the salt lakes sometime, what coil do you use and any info on settings would be great as i am taking a trip to lake Carey this year, thanks, cheers Stu
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:13 am

It be great to catch up with you K town when your up this way.
mmmm??? FMG now you got me curious on which area lol
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 3:38 pm

snapper wrote:Great pics K,town, would love to have a swing on the salt lakes sometime, what coil do you use and any info on settings would be great as i am taking a trip to lake Carey this year, thanks, cheers Stu

Hi Stu,on the salt up here I use two coils.The 11 dd coiltek and the 8 mono commander.The 8 stays on most of the time but when the constant groans get to me I will switch over and run with the dd in the dd settings ie dd on front switch,normal timings and adjust my gain down till the groans are bearable to my ears.Swing speed on the salt needs to be slow and balancing often is essential.Down your way I’ve only ever detected one inland salt lake and that was the one out the back of Quinns and I did alright with my 12 mono nugget finder in fine gold timings and was surprised in the difference as I can’t use that coil up here on the salt unless I’m right on the edges.

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 5:20 pm

Thanks K.Town, i've got the minelab 11"dd so i'll try that and see how it goes cheers Stu
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

i can remember when i had the 2200 on the Nickol salt flats for the first time and was using a dd coil--worked a treat coz most of the gold was within a couple on inches,,no digging just move a bit of salt--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 5:45 pm

Yeah oneday i reckon you first fellas out there would have done alright,thats why i'm using the little 8 mono to vacuum up whats left although sometimes there are a few bigger surprises to be had. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:06 pm

NICE---yeah i reckon from all accounts I was the first one on the salt with a detector that didnt yell and scream at u all the time u were ther..I rember taking my kids out there to have a play on the quad and used the quad to grid an area..just the right width--the kids enjoyed it and yes I picked up the gold --nice and clean and shinny..ahhh the good old days...Its still worth a go for any aspiring punter these days but u will have to venture a little farther out--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamble on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:25 pm

Great Hand full K-Town how do you get it so clean :-)

Gamble

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:38 pm

Salt and Gold, something about it. It's beyond my knowledge but the mining companies got onto to it quick. Check out google earth and the Lavo area, Lake Carey.
I got a feeling it won't be long before lake ballard up Leo way gets mined.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 7:09 am

K town i am running differnet setup to you on the flats,
joey mono coil in enhance where not to salty but swinging fast listening through the groaning noise for the yelp / spike of a target
11in DD was running in cancel and cranking the gain up as much as possible seems to handle the bad salt well but i lose quite a bit of depth

Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:12 pm

K town swinger wrote:Yeah oneday i reckon you first fellas out there would have done alright,thats why i'm using the little 8 mono to vacuum up whats left although sometimes there are a few bigger surprises to be had. Very Happy

K town.

I like the photo, gold cheers

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum