Quads versus Motorbikes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Quads versus Motorbikes

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Just wondering who uses a motorbike or a quad bike in the bush, and how they would rate one over the other?, I use a posty bike and have found it very suitable, reliable and cheap to run, that's the upside but the downside is that unless you watch the track and keep your wits about you will end up coming off. affraid 

Over the period of a couple of weeks using it everyday the fuel consumption of the posty bike is about ten litres, having never used a quad in the bush myself I cant comment so looking for some further feedback but others blokes tell me that they use a fair bit of fuel, I built a swing down rack for the posty bike, fits into the reece hitch to carry it so I don't have to drag a trailer, it works a treat but the downside is that you either have to take the bike off to get into the back of the troopy as its set up as a camper or climb in through the drivers door.

I think its a worthwhile set up and can really increase your finds as you are not restricted to spots within walking distance, and its great at the end of the day when you don't have to walk back to camp cheers  drunken 

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Re: Quads versus Motorbikes

Post by albo on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 9:32 pm

cheers au , im an oldy man now & a 4wd gopher would be the best , il wait till I pull a chick from the nursing home .... il show ya  Wink 
albo

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum