First nugget for brother

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First nugget for brother

Post by snapper on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 5:51 pm

G,day, well my brother hired a GPX 5000 for the weekend and I took him to an area that I havn't been to before.
After and hour his 11" coil was making all sorts of sounds and I couldn't get it quiet so took the coil off and put my 11" minelab coil on for him, it made a huge difference.
No gold so we had some lunch and hit a new spot further up the track, within 10 minutes after lunch I watched from a distance him digging a target and then seen this huge smile on his face, first day out detecting and he struck gold, I can't remember how long it took for me to find my first nugget but it sure wasn't the first day.
I told him to stay in that area as it might not have seen a detector before as the gold would have been found by most detectors and before long had 3 nuggets in his tin.
Below; a very happy brother with his first nugget which was in some conglomerate and once freed it weighed .93.
Total weight of his 3 nuggets was 1.55 grams.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
snapper

Back to top Go down

Re: First nugget for brother

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 6:25 pm

lucks of fortune--great story--its always the way --go with someone whos been out there and knows what hes doing and your mate being a newby always finds a piece or 3..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm

Well Done, nice to see a smile, it took me a long time before I got my first nugget, and I worked in an area there was gold, my son was finding gold there, and all I got was junk... Sad 

But gold is gold, no matter how small amount, it beats coming home without a rattle in the bottle...

Good on ya mate..

Paul
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 7:28 pm

Yep a picture paints a thousand words.You can see by his face how elated your brother is.Good one snapper.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 7:37 pm

smile like mine was and still is when I find any gold, hard for him to get rid of the thirst now. great story and trip. thats what its all about

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Reply with quote Re: First nugget for brother

Post by goldstrijk on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 6:21 am

Excellent story Snapper! Even better to see the smile on your brother's face, he will definitely have a fever now! cheers 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 7:31 am

Sure that's not .93 of an ounce Stu? Pretty good nugget!
toad

Back to top Go down

Re: first nugget for brother

Post by aussie18 on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm

younger brother by the looks stu    just kidding mate.
it's awesome to see that smile when they pull there 1st one out off the ground, my bro must of pulled a wheel barrow out junk before he got his 1st, and now he just hassles me when can we go again lol.
might squeeze a quick trip this weekend out east from Perth, a bloke says he pulled 37.8g's off a lease 2 weeks ago, 1st time detecting ever,using a goldbug pro and in 2 days, sounds like a load off shite and told him so, anyhow he organised permission for me to enter the lease and said try it 4 yourself and then tell me I'm full off it.oh did I mention this lease is 1.5k's from a major town on the great eastern highway
sounds like a challenge, one that may be to good to refuse.
cheers
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 3:31 pm

aussie18 wrote:younger brother by the looks stu    just kidding mate.
it's awesome to see that smile when they pull there 1st one out off the ground, my bro must of pulled a wheel barrow out junk before he got his 1st, and now he just hassles me when can we go again lol.
might squeeze a quick trip this weekend out east from Perth, a bloke says he pulled 37.8g's off a lease 2 weeks ago, 1st time detecting ever,using a goldbug pro and in 2 days, sounds like a load off shite and told him so, anyhow he organised permission for me to enter the lease and said try it 4 yourself and then tell me I'm full off it.oh did I mention this lease is 1.5k's from a major town on the great eastern highway
sounds like a challenge, one that may be to good to refuse.
cheers
jase

Get out there and smash it Jase, and your right its an offer to good to refuse.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 8:09 am

Jase

Let me know if you need some help

Im sure I could get away

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara snapper on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 9:10 am

That's it , he's hooked!
Love that gold smile , well done snapper

Regards pilbara snapper

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:14 am

He will not forget the first one he found ... or them all for that matter!! Very Happy

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:19 am

Your'er spot on there Annie  eafgh 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:44 am

Im not sure he's hooked just yet as his wife gave him firm instructions not to end up like his older brother [ yes Jase ] and get this disease called gold fever  wegr , time will tell.
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 4:18 pm

the first for me was a 3 grammer , good ol magnet , then after some 3 years later I got a 23 ozer , I didn't get the same joy as from the first .... um is this sex or gold ...
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 5:06 pm

geez Albo if u r saying when u get to our age u give up on SEX then u r on your own--sorry mate gotta draw the line somewhere.. lol! 

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum