gold rush season5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

gold rush season5

Post by Flying kiwi on Sun 19 Oct 2014, 3:08 pm

bit of a public service announcement the yanks are back at it again.
first episode is up on u-tube

cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Re: gold rush season5

Post by Guest on Sun 19 Oct 2014, 4:39 pm

Yep if u can find gold in the pan the rest is hard work.

Unfortunately u couldn't do just about any of that kinda stuff here in Oz--the environmental laws would cost u big time and take all and some of your turnover, let alone your profit.

I did like Tonys hydraulic riffles. just gotta figure out something better on the dry blower. Black sands are a major headache in anyone's book.

thanks for sharing--don't have foxtel

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:04 pm

I couldn't get into this show at first but I eventually started to give it a chance, ive always said there is only one thing better than digging gold yourself and that's to see others doing it and that was the problem, they did more waffling on and fixing crap than clean outs but it got me in eventually.
I thought that Parker was very rude and disrespectful to his grandfather in one of the shows and how big of him to make a song and dance about handing the mine back over to him after he has been mining it for god knows how long.
The Hoffman crew, well what can I say, I always get a laugh out of them cursing all through the show and then raise the hardhats for a prayer lol

I watched the behind the scenes show for Season 3 I think it was, its amazing the amount of film crew they have there.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:50 pm

I would have thought the Hoffman's Todd and jack would have had enough embarrassment already to last a life time, but no there back for more. What spins me out in last season how they went to south America took a $300k wash plant, d6 dozer, artic dump truck and loaders, excavators + accommodation and 10+ blokes and find 2oz gold and $1500 worth of diamonds. how much coin do these blokes have ???
parker's on to it but yes a smart ar*e, but hey I would be to if I was running a gold mine aged 16 with a heap off camera's stuck in me face.
I think they should leave the hoffmans out off the show and concentrate on parker, tony beats and Freddie dodge.
tony beats is a classic, plays with a straight bat and tells it how it is. hey they could have the entire show on him and I wouldn't miss a minute.
I will wait til it hits me TV probably in another 5 months hahaha.
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 7:32 pm

my money is on freddy

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 6:55 am

Haha lol! Yep I like to watch these tossa's the show does get you in, agree Tony Beets is a classic straight shooter no messing around type dude, the Hoffman's might as well go home. cheers

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 6:58 am

Kev u need the hoffmans there coz it shows how good the rest really are.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 12:20 pm

Nah Parker has the Big Red Mega Sluice. He'll flog them blokes, do the yardage it takes to get a heap of gold and still bitch how crap his land is.

Freddie's probably on better gold but their operation is stacks smaller.

Todds gang is gonna cry when they have to pay the lease owner the 20% of their take.

The Viking carting an old river dredge 150miles... and get it operational again, now that's keen and worth the watch - funny to see who really has control of his finances though, at the auction.

Thurber's my favorite, he's a trooper for still sticking with the Hoffmans, he must owe em something.
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 2:30 pm

Watch Yukon Gold, much better.
New season just started on Fox last week.

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 4:11 pm

agree gold diver, big al is another classic fella on Yukon gold. is a good show compared to gold rush
Freddie dodge wins either way hey, wasn't big red his wash plant on loan to the snobbledock!! for a cut.
I wish they'd do more series off gold fathers give us a 4 episode series and then nothing, mudminers pulled 3000 oz's in a season and that other big bloke with his daughters on it for a bit off eye candy , was worth a watch.
has there been any news on that tv reaseacher that was on here a while back. just wanted to keep a eye out on what ever he was doing

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 10:32 pm

Gold rush does my head in.
Too many graphics explaining what's going to go wrong, too much build-up to not much action.
Yukon gold just gets on with it.
When Big Al wants to move his operation, he just finds a big Dozer and chain, and drags it down the road. Job done. No graphics telling us what potentially can go wrong,

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 8:06 am

Yep Big Al definitely has the cheekiest and biggest smile out of em all...

too many American/Canadian Gold shows... makes people I know chuckle when they hear what I get up to these days for a hobby.
That new show on Thursday evening on A&E's 'Fool's Gold' for instance, that guy needed to hire a prospector and a geologist to find a tailings pile on an overgrown  abandoned mine site then runs it through a stormwater pipe and chicken wire driven by a minibike with someone sitting on it WTF.

We need to get the Hoffmans to Aus with all their machinery and see how they would go trying to find Gold with no water, while the locals next lease over clean up in cheesy jocks and a lungs full of red stuff & flies swinging a 5000.
I'd like to see that!

Last edited by NuggieDreamer on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added flies, they never miss anything)
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 2:20 pm

that would crack me up Laughing
"Therber fire up the pump!!!''
"theres no water in the pond Todd'
"no worries I got a plan - lets bang our hardhats together and pray for rain!!!''

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:58 pm

I've been watching Bering Sea Gold lately, geez what a bunch of misfits and angry people lol

All I hear through the show is the swear beeps.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum