the bitter and sweet of life

Go down

Post by martinjsto on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:40 pm

My daughter Sarah flew out this morning at 4am to America working for a year as a Aupair for a family, we are so proud of her achievements and happy for her but also so sad  seeing your baby heading out into the world for the first time and to America to boot, so both the kids now have flown the coop with my son recently moving to the country and within a month, rolled and totaled his car out Wongan Hills way, he is fine but required a new vehicle ASAP. so DAD to the rescue and the over last few days a replacement was found. kids leave many torn emotions.   Sad  Very Happy

on the other side of things, the gods must be shining on me as I now have a week to 10 days  to go for a swing.  cheers  so car is packed and fueled up, detector loaded, caravan loaded and hooked up ready to hit the road early morning with Prospectingwa Glenn. we are heading north to Cue and exploring some ground on a fellow member lease he has kindly allowed us to set up camp on and explore the many old mines and old productive scrapes on the recent pending EL's close by.
looking forward to a great last trip for the season.  kwdf
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:42 pm

My daughter Sarah flew out this morning at 4am to America working for a year as a Aupair for a family, we are so proud of her achievements and happy for her but also so sad  seeing your baby heading out into the world for the first time and to America to boot, so both the kids now have flown the coop with my son recently moving to the country and within a month, rolled and totaled his car out Wongan Hills way, he is fine but required a new vehicle ASAP. so DAD to the rescue and the over last few days a replacement was found. kids leave many torn emotions.   Sad  Very Happy

on the other side of things, the gods must be shining on me as I now have a week to 10 days  to go for a swing.  cheers  so car is packed and fueled up, detector loaded, caravan loaded and hooked up ready to hit the road early morning with Prospectingwa Glenn. we are heading north to Cue and exploring some ground on a fellow member lease he has kindly allowed us to set up camp on and explore the many old mines and old productive scrapes on the recent pending EL's close by.
looking forward to a great last trip for the season.  kwdf
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: the bitter and sweet of life

Post by rogawilco on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 10:26 pm

Hi Martin,
Sounds like ur young fella was pretty lucky, some very tricky bits of roadage up round Wongan way, especially this time of year with the grain harvest trucks getting around the place and a lot of large mining equipment etc using those roads. Hope both kids stay safe.
Good luck on ya next nugget hunt mate. Hope ya stubb ur big toe on a huge shiny one.
RW
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:41 am

Martin

Have a great trip

Sounds like you need it cheers cheers

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:48 am

Have fun out there Martin. Keep the "fluids" up, mid to high 30's around there now.
cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 9:04 pm

I know how it feels mate. Have a ball out there and good luck. I hope you find a patch!

Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 9:44 am

Hi Martin,

Have a good one, many a good memory from around Cue, many small nugg's out there but every now and then you will get one that warbles just like a staple so don't miss it, one for me was a 1oz nugg only 4" down, many other small ones to boot

Besides more crayfish for me while your gone!!!,
Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 9:49 pm

Have fun Martin, hope it's not too hot for you and the gold gods are favourable.
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 10:12 pm

Hotter than hell & humid in the east Pilbara already, only October & jan , feb will be just bonny this year , cant wait ... lol!
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 8:45 am

Bitter sweet indeed Martin

Certainly sounds like a 10 day trip is in order

Hopefully some good karma to you with some gold

Good luck & keep us posted !
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 9:57 am

G`Day Martin.Sounds like ten days in the scrub is just the thing,good luck with the hunt.You have given me and biggest Kev itchy feet now and we are heading off next week for another go.We said our trip last month to cue was the last for the season but that urge to get out again to find the nuggy that will open the doors to join the ounce club just seems to keep you wanting to go back,again and again is always there.
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 3:01 pm

all the best you guys--patients is a virtue..

the only trouble is I'm fast running out of time.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 4:26 pm

Have a good trip Martin and hope you fine a big one
Cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 2:35 pm

thanks guys for all the good sentiment. all good with the kids so enjoying the time out. good trip so far but the gold as usual is being illusive, 4 days on the lease had me heading off exploring 50 odd km further N/W to some pending EL, the ground looked quite good from the road but when we got in a bit it turned to what looked like red pea gravel hills, pushed on believing the golden vally is just over the rise but another hill the same, detected for an hr there to see but no go so moved further in pushing through 3 more hills and valleys of deep red dirt and gravel but I was determined to find that valley. well over that last hill and through the tree lines some 2.5 km in and it opened up into some black ironstone and quartz, good salt and pepper ground and within 1 hr I hit this bit bellow, started to grid and spent another 1/2 hr b4 water and heat drove me back to my car. too hot now to go back now so im in Yalgoo for a few days cooling off but easter next year im there with bells on. my piece weight 8,8 with my scales, the biggest piece for me so far, cheers

so good trip and i think its my last for the season with the heat. good way to finish.
cheers all
pics of the nugget
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

some of the camp

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 2:40 pm

the water hole we shared with emu's bulls and other wildlife.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 4:32 pm

Great pics Martin,and certainly a nice lump of yellow.Sounds like the spot you found would be worth going back to in the cooler months.We are off on Tuesday to Southern Cross for a few days so fingers crossed wont be too hot.

cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 6:26 pm

Nice pictures Martin and good to see you got a nice piece
Cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 9:24 pm

Nice piece Martin, good to see your detector can find bigger ones.
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:11 pm

cheers guys, its hot out there Phil, 38 plus in cue, good ground out there NW past the lakes, good luck and keep hydrated. nice to find a good one col, got me dreaming of whats still there, the spot seems untouched for km around with only the few old big detector holes around but not in the vicinity of my find. I reckon your thinking its about time as well chris, lol  just done a weight up and we now have just an oz in nuggets and what i estimated in the species. need to join the oz club now.  when out and about up at cue i took a look at a spot that produced a good run of nuggets earlier in the year (not for me) Very Happy , i tried to track the source when first there as you do but gave up with no luck. this time looking with new eyes i took a different approach thinking the possibility that the creek has changed its course slightly so could the source of the nuggets be further north and within a short while swinging I hit a large loud target, it sounded really good and passed the hot rock test sounding off in just about every mode so i dug but i found after digging down 3 inches i hit rock, with only a pick i attacked it as best i could and the target got louder as i gained another inch but that was it, i couldn't get any further so i washed off the dirt to see what i could but didn't spot any colour. now i had a choice, keep trying and as its close to a main track risk getting seen and leaving a tell tail sign that i was there or carefully cover it back up sprinkling lots of small rusty tin in and around the rock and attack it geared up later but that meant I had to leave it there scratch . decision made so she is well camouflaged and here's hoping i can get back soon with a decent crowbar for a quick smash and take the lot home to dolly. see whats there

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:24 am

Thanks Martin for the pics :)

Lovely piece Good reward :):)

well done :)
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 11:18 am

Cheers for sharing the pics Martin and congrats on the nuggy, be terrible having to walk away from that target, looking forward to hearing your report on that when you go back :)

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 11:21 am

Martin

Mate, I couldn't sleep at night knowing it is still there...

Could you have parked the esky next to the hole, borrowed a fence star picket from down the track or sacrifice an old screw driver using a hard local rock to hammer it out? A return trip to Cue is 2 tanks of fuel... What are you doing man!

Going prospecting with just about every thing; van and all the junk you have spread around it, and no gimpie and chisel. That is sacrilege OMG.

Brings me to a mate I know, who did the same thing (couldn't dig s signal out of a rock until he came back with some weaponry...)
When he eventually did, with all the rest of us with aspirations of finding a new reef in Cue, pinged the signal into oblivion in eagerness on his 1st smash with a chisel.
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum