window tinting troopy.

Go down

window tinting troopy.

Post by Guest on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 12:58 pm

well I gave the troopy to a very nice lady that does window tinting in Karratha.

The darkest legal tint on the side doors and heavy dark tint on the rest..

don't need to look out of the rear side windows or the rear barn doors--too much gear in the old girl.

while she is at it --got her to replace the felt / rubber glass protectors on the doors--don't know the technical term but
she knows what I'm talking about.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Re: window tinting troopy.

Post by Banjo on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 1:13 pm

Well where are the pics ?

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 1:15 pm

Now let me get this right.
You had a lady make a new handbag for your tracks
Now you had a lady do your window tinting.
Question:  do you have a problem with males    lol!

PS. no response required, we fully understand your need for motherly affection    

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 1:42 pm

good idea to replace the glass protectors ray, it will stop the tint getting scratched, worth doing the rubber window seals as well and don't forget to not use them for a day or so. going to get mine done someday soon i hope. some glass has factory tint so fitting the darkest legal film adds to the existing and can take you above the legal limit percentage. worth noting b4 having it done.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 1:59 pm

Hi Martin
u only have to worry about the drivers vision which is either side plus the front window which they don't want u to mess with.

The windows behind the driver are not an issue as I'm led to believe.

I still haven't got my car back yet--Tuesday --just waiting for the new parts from Perth to roll up.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 2:01 pm

u idiot--how many times I have to tell u

women always give u a better job..

don't forget the new cover for the camp cot that she made as well.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 2:04 pm

Sorry Raymond, I forgot about the new handbag for ya cot    lol!
did ya get a new bunny rug and fluffy slippers to go with it

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Nov 2014, 7:28 am

some old people need to b put out of there misery befor they steal anymore oxygen.

PS--at least I can drive my car..hahahaha

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Nov 2014, 7:18 pm

well got me troopy back and was totally disappointed with the job

They completely stuffed up the directions which I gave them in relation to which tint to use..

Maximum legal dark tint on the 2 doors and the darkest tint on the side and the 2 rear barn doors.

came back with the same door tint all the way through and there aint much difference with tint and without.

I'll find some one else tomorrow and do it all over again.

such is life.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:22 pm

Well that sucks Ray, so did they have the darker tint or they just didn't listen ?

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:52 am

they didn't listen--25% all through..

now i'm told u can only have 20-25% maximium throughout..even though i cant see out the back window.
too many rules i think .

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 1:26 pm

Use to work for SOLACE as a kid back in the 80's. Back then twas 50% light transmission front drivers and passengers 35% rear right round. Use to satisfy guys like you wanting 20% (the darkest) Ambulance tinting we did a 35% front and 20% rear right round. In WA without annual re-registration inspections, or decent (caravan type) side mirrors or a 4WD which generally has bigger mirrors you'd get away with it...

4WD's have BIG FLAT WINDOWS and are EASY to do yourself...

If you have breeze-free area to work in, I would have (only because I use to do it for a living) buy the car tinting kit on ebay for $50 and enough meterage of 20" wide 30% Smoke Grey Non-Scratch to DIY.  Plenty of online help (Youtube) If I we you, do one layer of 30% front windows and get this... DOUBLE IT UP IN THE REAR so 30% of 30% = 10% (one shade translucent as Gloss Black Spray painted panels!)  like we did some show cars!!! Take your time and the more cleaning you do the better the job will be. Get good by doing your mates cars after doing yours to pay your out lay costs.

Need;
2 Filtered Water in sprayer bottles (1 mixed with 5% Morning Fresh - Solace secret ingredient) other 1 as a Rinse
Safety Razor blades & Holder to clean windows.
Sharp Olfa trim knife
Hard Rubber Squeegee
Hairdryer (stubborn curved window use and to dry small creases)

1.Spray a mist water around to keep dust and floating hair down.
2. Clean outside windows and rinse.Then soap up outside window to lay on tint reversed (dull backing, tint glue facing out if peeled) trim the tint to the size of the window (leaving a bit extra on the vertical to get that edgeless look later when you trim with the window down a bit) with the OLFA knife only 1 click out so the knife pushes the tint up to the rubbers before it cuts (do big cuts 1st then trim as it get easier to handle, if you stuff up, look for a smaller window Wink )
3. Soap and New SHARP razor blade Vertical ONLY (as not to scratch glass curvature), Rinse Downwards ONLY inside window while wound down a smidge (KEEP TOP RUBBER DRY or Clean, Rinse and Dry it 1st before cleaning the inside windows to stop goulies dropping under the tint later) then soap up staying away from the top edge downwards and out to the sides.
4. Peel and soap up the tint layed on the outside of the window just after soaping up the inside after opening the door, lay the tint on the backsides of your hands hanging evenly to stop as much creasing as possible.
5. Lay the bottom edge in 1st and slide-down a bit so as the tint falls onto the window it wont catch any uncleaned area. Then soap up the laid on tint so the squeegee won't stick and crease.
6.Squeegee - One light wipe Down in the middle, centre the tint squeegee tint top to the sides from the middle then from the middle out. Trim last.
7. Back Window... overlap tint (if not wide enough or too curved for one piece and a llot of work with a hairdryer)  TAKE A BIG BREATH, cut with SHARP OLFA knife with an extended blade and holding the knife as flat as possible to the glass to reduce wandering along heater demister bar edge as a guide while tint is still Wet, cut through both tints (NOT THE HEATER BAR) while not stopping!!! peel out the over-lapped off-cut pieces then squeegee flat, seemless professional job.

Don't forget to do the wife's car 1st, you'll need the practice and she'll be dirty her car doesn't look as cool as yours if you don't.

Last edited by NuggieDreamer on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:43 pm

Great post ND, Ray will have the window tint department opened for business next week Very Happy

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum