Just in time. Update : The Sequel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just in time. Update : The Sequel

Post by Banjo on Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:47 pm

Headed out for an impromptu swing with Nosralt today, he had a spot up his sleeve he wanted to check, we were both swinging the 2300's, i was struggling with only having the small shiney smooth bit at the bottom of the pic in the pill bottle so far and i was already starting to think of reason's to tell the missus why i could only manage such a small bit but it's getting tough because i have exhausted them, Terry was nailing a few though.

So i looked up the slope and thought i would give that a go, found a small rock outcrop up the slope, checked around a boot scrape and then moved over to the right a bit and got a screamer of a signal, extracted the big bit in the pic first, looked to see if i could get Terry's attention but he was detecting away from me, pinged another bit close by, nice and sharp gold, after a bit of arm waving i finally got Terry's attention to come up where i was, pinged another while he was heading over and was greeted with a " i hope you didn't just get me up here to gloat " Laughing
I kept moving up the slope and Terry detected where i had found the first bits, the 2300's were getting on well together considering how close we were to each other, i found about 6-7 bits  on top of one another and Terry was getting into them as well l;wfh the targets slowed for me dambit  we were both very thirsty and it was getting late so i headed further up to try and scope out what we may be up against when we head back, the targets dried up for me but still lots to investigate when we go back because we only got to spend about an hour there.

I don't have any all-brite so only been washed in soapy water so far but a total of 22 grams, the biggest one is 11.4 g but not that hopeful of it having too much gold in it but it did come along just in time Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Banjo on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Re: Just in time. Update : The Sequel

Post by Nosralt on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:59 am

Was a good afternoon for both of us Banjo, I picked up 17g for the day. Some very fine gold so be careful when you do clean them. One of mine started to break up when i went to clean em.
How about that little sunbaker I specked that the 2300's couldnt detect. Im going to keep that one aside and see if the 5000 or GB will.

Last edited by Nosralt on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture)
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:37 am

way to go u 2..

just intime for xmas..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:01 am

Great going guys, sounds like you could have a strike happening, keep up the good work
Happy hunting
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:04 am

nice one guys not bad for an hours work....

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:11 am

Beaut gold there guys.It is great that you can still get out and have a swing even with the heat up there.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:24 am

I know that it’s hot up there and I probably couldn’t hack it, but you lucky buggers remind me of the Vics. Just jump in the car and ten minutes later you’re swinging the detector on gold country. Half your luck.
Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm

Thanks to all, the temp wasn't too bad yesterday, still hot but the gold tends to help deal with it. When Nosralt came over with his tiny sunbaker we were both surprised it didn't register on both 2300's. Definitely needs further investigation.

Col, typical all up travel time can still be anywhere from 2-4+ hours for us in Hedland, i believe the Karratha boys have it a little better but like always the places closest to the towns are generally flogged, with day trips we tend to hit known area's so usually not much on offer and try to prospect a little but yes we do have it better than some.

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:59 pm

hohoho, christmas comes early. good effort.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL on Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:21 pm

Very nice finds there guys!!  Well done.

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:24 pm

Nosralt and i headed back to keep working the same small patch early this morning, Terry had a quick spin with the 5000 looking for some deeper nuggets whilst it was cool but i think when he came over and saw what i already had in my finds bottle it got too much for him because he went and grabbed his 2300.

We had another productive day, it's only a small run of shallow gold in a corridor but it has produced well for us, not much breeze out there today unlike the other day so we had to have a few rests, i ended up with 31.5 grams uncleaned, we pulled stumps on the patch around 11ish and decided to have a wander looking for another area but we were both feeling stuffed so we called it a day around midday.

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 5:10 pm

Nice going Darren,some beaut . gold again.Cetainly warranted an early knock-off and celebratory drink.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 6:37 pm

Was i good morning Darren, hope it wasnt to much of i shock for you to be up at 5am LOL
My share was 24g including the species.. hope to get about 14g after its all cleaned up. Some fine crystalline gold there so be careful cleaning them.
I think we will both end up with just about 1 oz each for the 2 days. wegr  lweg

Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 6:44 pm

well done fellas..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 7:06 pm

great effort guys. nice chrisy pressy. Very Happy

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 7:23 pm

Awesome work guys, well done and a nice Xmas pressie for you both
Happy hunting
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 8:33 pm

Thanks guys.

It was great to finally get to work a patch together, i don't mind the early starts when it comes to going detecting Very Happy

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 6:50 am

and people continually tell me its getting harder to find..

we for those who can read its a case of getting out there like these 2 blokes have done and look for a bit of new ground..

The rewards follow..

we get spoilt in ktown coz u only have to go 15 mins in a vehicle and u can start swinging...but that's the whole problem---everyone is doing that and everyone wants to find gold on every trip.

so learn from what some of the more successful people r doin and u never know what might pop out and surprise u..

good luck

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 9:51 am

So true Ray, I hear it all the time from people that just go to the same old known spots.lwkgthgt

You have to do your research and take the punt. Get out there and walk the ground, go where others havent been or just to lazy to go to.. like half way up a steep slope. QK;

And no Ray.. I'm not giving you the x marks the spot.
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandygold on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 9:57 am

Well done guys..
eafgh

Sandygold

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 5:17 am

good on yas!
gut feeling