AERIAL SPYING--

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AERIAL SPYING--

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 7:41 am

heres something for all u aspiring adventurers ---keep an eye on the countryside and see were people are scratching..

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Vision-V3-0-Quadcopter-Gimbal-Stabilized/dp/B00P8DPKSQ/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_mfw?&linkCode=wey&tag=goldprospecting0a-20

i reckon this takes prospecting to a new level--even movie makers will have an edge and come up with some mind blowing footage.

If they make a cheaper bigger version u could set your corner pegs with this piece of transport. could even flour bomb Cliff from a distance when he is flaked out drinking all that cold beer in the middle of winter..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Re: AERIAL SPYING--

Post by martinjsto on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:40 am

nice bit of equipment ray and not too hard on the wallet. gees we have a hrs of research on the laptop and geo maps to find gold spots, new flash detectors with all the whistles, online gold location software to find spots, quads and bikes to ride to "better" ground and now pilot a flying saucer around. not much time left to swing a coil.... hope all this flash detecting gear brings back big nuggets for you cuz with all the gear to operate/charge and keep working there wont be much time left to detect.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:45 am

Ray, would you like to borrow mine Very Happy

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:51 am

i was looking into this years ago when i purchased a Trex 500 heli to get into aerial photography and i shelved that after seeing a better platform in the way of an electric foamy Easystar glider, they have a cult following overseas, i ended up thinking like Martin and thought where do you draw the line on time spent between checking the surrounding countryside and detecting, i ended up crashed it a few times and then quad copters started to hit the scene so another hobby shelved lol

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 11:17 am

Probably won't be long before we read about one of these being shot down when the pilot strays it over private property.
Failing that, like laser beams they will be banned due to aircraft interference.
Hmm better than clay pigeon targets.

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

Yep, shottys are good
Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 2:37 pm

yeah Pete --u would see some ugly sites in peoples back yards--and a few nice sorts...go down with a smile on my face.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 2:54 pm

there not suppose to fly within 30mt of a home but im sure a few will snoop on their neighbors especially if you fit it with night vision. i wonder how you would stand legally if you knocked it out of the sky and refuse to hand it back with something relatively harmless and somewhat legal like two socks tied together with some sand in it.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 4:28 pm

I got my DJI Phantom about a year ago for the express purpose of not spending hours walking thru the scrub for bugger all result. it is still to be tested.
They are a handy little machine and it could help for what we need but in the suburbs, no way.
Unless you are willing to cop the problems with possible spying, Like on Ray's neighbours Very Happy

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:00 pm

A mate of mine in Leonora bought one of these early last season. He was real proud of it, cost a bloody fortune (3 grand?) but I can't remember. He was mad on it,,, ,,,,,,until he was flying it around a little spot he's jackhammering out at 15 GPT,,,,,,,,,'n a bloody great wedgetail took a fancy to it as dinner. The eagle swooped, clawed it 'n wrecked it. (Eagle claws have phenomenal power)
He wasn't happy and it cost him a bit to get it fixed.

IMO - they're a gimmick, a bit of fun, but don't have much place in a prospectors arsenal. A bit like trail bikes. People spend hours driving around on a trail bike, get back to camp & tell you all about the "really great ground" they've found. When asked, "Did you stop and detect it?". Answer, "Nah, too busy looking for more ground".

Seen it.

I use my bike for travelling between the camp and the dozer, that's about all. Sometimes I wish I'd never bought the thing. Walking and really looking/seeing is the best way to find new ground, not from Google Earth or a drone. But walking takes effort and that's not easy, especially at my age. Trail bikes & quads need discipline to be of any use, other than that they can be a trap. Gold outbreaks can be very small in an ocean of dross.

JMO

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:13 pm

Lots of wisdom there Wedgetail, i didn't even think about bloody eagles when i was entertaining the idea, i just about thought of everything else lol, if a eagle got hold of an Easystar it would be snowing styrofoam lol

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:52 am

arm it with a 9mm--that should put a stop to the aerial bombardment.

Theres too many flying around in the countryside now anyway.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum