New 7000

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

couple of pics.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: New 7000

Post by Inhere on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:10 pm

Bignuggs wrote:It's only my opinion but I reckon  it will kill the detecting game.
So be it, you will now have the machine that will clean out the surface gold and destroy what has been a hobby for a lot of people.
JMO

My opinion as well Cliff, there wont be much this one will miss!
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by tricky on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 7:09 pm

you are probably right. but detecting is like trying to colour in a piece of a4 paper with a biro. nobody ever covers it all.

tricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm

I don't think its a patch finder. More like a patch mopper upperer.
To me a patch finder is a light weight elip coil , 18×12 or bigger.
Something you can wander round with all day.
This is too heavy.
I also agree with Wedgie. I've done my share of pushing and previous models have not left a lot behind.
Big bits that is.
But I definitely think there's heaps of smaller stuff left in the top 2-3 ft to keep me happy for a while.
Might end up with an arm like the PIC above. Reckon tennis players might have an advantage here..

Very Happy

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by gef12 on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:47 am

After viewing the GPZ7000 video and reading the PDF file on it ... the unit is a Pulse type VLF (operating in vlf freqs) and does not Discriminate .. one would think at the price of 10k .. it would have this option ..
If one has done the 7 hats thinking course you would understand why I am wearing my black hat on the GPZ7000. Black - logic applied to identifying reasons to be cautious and conservative. Quite poor on Minelabs new unit .. I am thinking it was rushed to market .. or could there be the GPZ8000 next year or so with discrimination .. drip feeding this series

gef12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 12:30 pm

don't know how many times u have dug a two foot hole for junk---I have done it twice---once I could sense something was wrong coz the ground was soft to dig--the 2nd time was in an area that dozers had been working in--almost 3' for the top of a star picket--all that in 20 odd years of swinging a stick.

there will always be another detector in the wind...u would be a fool to think otherwise....the 5k had discrimination yet I still dug everthing except those 2 signals I got in a creek this side of marble bar...maybe this year.

so no matter what company is in the metal detecting game they will always try to out smart themselves in techno stuff.

at the end of the day u can buy it or leave it for others to play with and wait for the next generation of detector to come along---it has been mentioned that Whites have a V4 on a gem and treasure machine coming out soon which should be suited to gold....just from what I have read

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

new 7000

Post by johnf on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:41 pm

In regard to the Depth testing video [7000] and the 5k and 2300, i can remember in JPs DVD for the GP3000 where he dug a deep hole possibly about 3ft deep for a large flat nuggetwhich was in the ounces range.  When i saw the nugget in the 7000 video i thought the surface area of both nuggets were quite similar but i,m only relying on memory and i don,t have the 3000 dvd anymore. Petty sure Jp was using a large round mono at the time and obviously would have had the appropriate settings. Can,t remember the type of ground or other details apart nfrom JP standing in the hole with the ground level well past his knees.... and he,s no shorty!                                  So , from the 3000 dvd compared to the 7000 video would you think the 5k with a large round mono should give a signal on that large surface a rea  nugget  in the 7000 video? Know there,s so many variables in the equation but it certainly gets one thinki  ng.......Please correct me if i,m wrong on the 3000 dvd ......memory ain,t real flash.   cheers.

johnf

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum