opps, showing my age or what

Go down

opps, showing my age or what

Post by martinjsto on Fri 13 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm

ok im setting myself up here for a ribbing and it will be well deserved. did the dangest thing last night. took a drive to a mates place to catch up b4 the move and needed fuel on way home. I took the wifes I30 to save diesel but needed fuel on way back from Mandurah so dropped into the Caltex on Safety bay Rd. Vortex on every pump and I picked up the Black one being diesel. affraid affraid affraid  or so I thought. filled up didnt I. Evil or Very Mad  oblivious to what I was doing until I went to pay, you know how you get that imminent danger feeling. jkihyig jkihyig no surely not,    sure enough checked the pump and yep stuffed up big time, unleaded high octane yellow stuff. nothing more i could do there so got it towed home some 170 odd dollars later (got first 50km free roadside assist) we were finally home. so this morning dropped down the tank and drained off all the fuel and replaced tank put in 20 lt DIESEL and fired her up, all good as I didnt start the car after filling but then I noticed a leak, i snapped of a return hose and had diesel pouring out so quick shutdown and it looks like tomorrow its tank out again and repair hoses replace tank and try again.

worst thing of all was having to phone and tell the missus dambit
ahh love the fun of life.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: opps, showing my age or what

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm

at least u didn't start it coz if u were driving for any distance then u would be looking at about 2-3k repair bill....the biggest smart ass trick at the pumps is people use to swap the unleaded and diesel hand pieces over, coz by the time u realise what u have done its too late--drain the tank...and waste a heap of fuel..

just buy her another box of chocolates or flowers..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:49 pm

I had a friend call. She'd put petrol in the diesel VW and travelled about 3km until it stalled at the lights. The Bunbury VW dealer wanted 10,000 to replace everything including the fuel lines. I told her there could be nothing wrong with it. We'd replace the filter and bleed the system. When I pulled up to the dealer with the car trailer the service manager told me I could drive it onto the trailer. They had already drained the fuel and changed the filter. I told her to jump in and drive it home. It was in perfect condition because it only ran until it got onto the petrol and then stalled. They cancelled her warranty because she wouldn't cough up the $10,000.

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 9:31 pm

yes phil, i kept away from the dealer because of the same thing. i knew i hadnt driven it or started it but im sure they would have an exorbitant charge to fix it claiming all soughts of parts. apart from a small issue requiring some creative plumbing all fixed for under $300 including tow. Wink

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 5:53 am

Shandy's (wrong fuel being put in the underground tank) used to be common. The rule of thumb was that if below 5% contamination say zip and keep pumping.

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum