WA struggling to survive..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WA struggling to survive..

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 11:59 am

http://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/people-are-struggling-to-survive-western-australian-mining-boom-grinds-to-a-halt/ar-BBhEyyv?ocid=ASUDHP

yep we are all going bush to find out whats left lurking below the surface..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Re: WA struggling to survive..

Post by Banjo on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 12:08 pm

I just read that article, it was interesting they only lightly touched on the construction industry, the big companies are still mining/exporting and making money.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 12:36 pm

It staggers me that WA is starting to feel State cutbacks and searching for revenue whilst we're still only getting about 35 cents in the dollar back from our GST payments to the Feds. Other states are sucking us dry.

Plus, whilst I was initially against a PROPER mining tax, I think we oughtta rethink our thinks about that one. Plus +, prior to the G20 in Brisbane last year, Joe Hockey told us all the he was gonna hammer big internationals like Apple, Starbucks, Amazon etc to pay their share of tax,,,,,,,,,,,,THAT idea got quietly dropped two days after the G20 mob had all gone home!

Pollies? - I wouldn't piss on any of 'em if their ar*e was on fire. They took the "profits" from the mining boom years and wasted the lot.

What use is a ANOTHER footy stadium in Perth if you live Kal or Karratha? Whoopeee!! What use is Elizabeth Quay to regional people? What use is 5 million bucks on two big puppets to residents of Meeka, Leonora or Albany?

It's so wrong and the pollies don't care.

BTW - what sort of an idiot would pay 1.3 MILLION bucks for that shack in Port Hedland!! He deserves what he gets I reckon.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 2:17 pm

i knew i shouldnt have brought it but the mrs wanted it for the view.. lol! lol!

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 2:44 pm

same old same old, whenever there is a big boom in any industry the big bust is right behind it without fail.
housing industry is booming in Perth and probably most of Australia ATM and partially because of all the tradies coming here for the mining construction boom but low interest rates are helping also for 1st homebuyers but give it 12-18months and our contract prices will be slashed in half or very close to it and we be kissing ar*e's to find a job.
I have seen a few of these boom's in my time laying bricks and when it's busy it always comes up that there is not enough brickies in WA to keep up with the demand, but when the shite hits the fan there will be 1000's of us on the dole, luckily I have not had to resort to the rock an roll for close to 18 years I guess but yeah have been there done that when I was a youngster in the industry.
also back to subject it may take 100's if not 1000's of workers to build a mine and infrastructure but only a 100 or so when in production so yep understandable that it will ebb and flow like housing and prob a few other industries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 3:05 pm

Wedgetail wrote:BTW - what sort of an idiot would pay 1.3 MILLION bucks for that shack in Port Hedland!! He deserves what he gets I reckon.

Shack Shocked that's being too kind Laughing

Banjo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum