forum self distruction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

forum self distruction

Post by martinjsto on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:00 am

hi everyone. it is regretful but Ray has decided to leave the forum and no longer contribute. i will be still visiting but only as a member no longer a moderator.
any questions please direct to Cliff.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: forum self distruction

Post by matelot on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:04 am

Not much left then!!!!

matelot pirat

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:06 am

martin I don't think this forum will self destruct, I understand your disappointment I was in a similar spot as yourself a couple years ago.
except last time we lost 2 management and by memory 5 mods, most [not all] are back as contributing members although some may not contribute as much as they use to.
I know yourself and ray are feeling majorly p*ssed off ATM, but time will see things straight mate.
cheers for your contributions as a moderator and glad your sticking around
cheers
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:21 am

WTF, is going on. I enjoy reading the posts that Ray has as well as yours Martin. This forum will be all the poorer without rays contribution.
Come back please Ray
Cheers
Russo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:43 am

This is my error, I banned the wrong person.
Last night the general tried to get back in again and as I've said many times, he was banned in the early days of the forum and is not allowed back.
this will be rectified.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:56 am

Im a moderator on another forum

Theres always politics ,

Forum members make the forum

Im sure all the members can vow for that .

Ray - you are one of the reasons why people join the forum

you say it how it is & the knowledge you share is priceless

Have a break & go find a few ounces with the 7000 !!

See you soon
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 12:20 pm

Ray, I'm not a moderator, but i agree with Ttrash.

I appreciate your thoughts and experience and the range of topics you bring to the forum. I only rarely look at other forums, most seem to be fuelled on egos, with very little substance. In fact I was thinking that exact thing just the other day and how different DWAG is… bloody ironic given what's gone on.

I go on this forum because it is primarily about prospecting in WA. It would be sad if it loses its way.

All the best Ray, I hope you continue to contribute - but good luck regardless.

Regards
Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 12:51 pm

Ttrash is right about the politics, me and the missus was just discussing that it always raises its ugly head from time to time but as adults we should all realise it is what it is, just difference of opinions and everyone has a right to one. as a moderator i only got involved when a slanging match appears or discrimination or racism or condescending remarks are posted which is a rarity or as what happened this morning where a major injustice has happened to a member by another.
I certainly hope ray and les will be back else it will be a while b4 we get back to where we were.
in the mean time its time to take a few deep breaths and move on.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 12:53 pm

Maybe when a cool breezes blows into Karratha it will clear Ray's thoughts and he'll back in here again.
Hope you get the mess cleaned up Cliff?
BTW The General tried to worm his way back into another forum he has been banned from several times, it is unprintable what his reply was when refused.

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 2:13 pm

crisis seems to be averted and it looks like Ray will return soon, cheers i will stay on as moderator and assist Cliff and Ray as best i can get us back on top. thanks for all your support

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara snapper on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 2:20 pm

That's a relief , you boys do a great job of running this forum and I don't think you realise how much some of us enjoy it......you guys keep me going till I can get back to the goldfields and get my gold fix ! Keep up the good work

Regards snapper

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandygold on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 2:24 pm

Crap!!!
Ray ..... You were good at being a mod..
What happened.?

Really hope you will return one day..
All the best Ray

Phew!
By the time I got this posted, then re- read Everyone posts..

Welcome Back!!!!!! cheers

Sandygold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 2:53 pm

Good news, keep up those reviews please Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 3:11 pm

Looking forward to more reviews of the 7000 Ray.

Regards Roger pirat

P.S You never know, I might buy one. qwk;ec

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by hood on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 3:24 pm

Cliff Ray Martin, we all appreciate the effort you put into this forum. It keeps the juices flowing until we can get back out there. Keep up the good work.

Regards Ken

hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 3:34 pm

Hi Ray,

Good on ya for showin some balls mate, life goes on we just have to deal with it

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 5:17 pm

Hi Ray, your input is very much appreciated. We hope you continue with the forum. Little & Big Gem

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 5:22 pm

Only just got my head around whats been going on.Hope it all gets sorted as I think this is a great forum with a great bunch of folks.Without guys like Ray,Cliff and Martin at the helm this would not be possible.All the best guys on which ever decision you make.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm

Yep, It's one of the best forums on the net, don't knock it about. Very Happy
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:54 pm

Is it safe to speak?

I'm sorry to hear we have trouble in the camp. I'm in the dark here but would like to add my bit. Sometimes we blase' about these online services and rarely give a second thought about all the work that goes on behind the scenes. I have trouble finding the time to visit and read a few articles let alone help with the running of the forum.

When visiting Karratha we met Ray and appreciated his assistance and generosity. It was before we knew of the forum and since I've enjoyed following his blogs and photos.
We met Martin and his wife while at the muster at Niagara. Once again as newbies we enjoyed the help and guidance we recieved. With his help we went on to find our first gold.

Thankyou Ray, Martin and Cliff for the time and effort you've put in to allow the rest of us to enjoy this forum. We are all different in many ways and because of that we are sure to rub eachother up the wrong way from time to time. For most of us we can just turn a blind eye and go on to something more pleasant to read. For you guys it has to be more difficult. It has to be difficult to make decisions to edit or delete notes written by others because we all like to have our say and not be judged poorly by it. To make a decision to ban somebody must be even more difficult but somebody has to keep things friendly.

Thanks again for the work done behind the scenes Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by AuHunter on Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:50 am

Hi all, Did Ray get banned because of the review of the GPX 7000 review that's no longer up? I say this because I can't see the review anymore... And no Ray anymore... Sorry if it's too blunt a question but we all adults here.

AuHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo on Sun 22 Feb 2015, 8:54 am

The 3 reviews that i know of are still up, Thurs/Fri and Sat by Ktown, maybe your'e not looking hard enough ?

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Sun 22 Feb 2015, 9:33 am

aussie18 wrote:martin I don't think this forum will self destruct, I understand your disappointment I was in a similar spot as yourself a couple years ago.
except last time we lost 2 management and by memory 5 mods, most [not all] are back as contributing members although some may not contribute as much as they use to.
I know yourself and ray are feeling majorly p*ssed off ATM, but time will see things straight mate.
cheers for your contributions as a moderator and glad your sticking around
cheers
jase

lol! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz De javu ?? Razz Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sun 22 Feb 2015, 9:40 am

Auhunter, ray wasnt banned he left due to a misunderstanding with Cliff and i believe he will return when he is ready. i would rather let Ray fill in the details if he so desires else we all just need to carry on and accept his decision.
no one will ever get banned from a negative review of a product, we are all here to learn or teach when possible and everyone has some knowledge to learn or share. "tell it like it is" is what we want not marketing spiels. something ray has mastered to his credit.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AuHunter on Sun 22 Feb 2015, 9:57 am

Thanks for the response. I thought the worst as someone posted a review from here on another site and I can't find it. It was a bit critical of the GPZ. It wasn't a direct link but rather copy and paste so I don't even know if it's real....as he's not that long been on there and could be stirring the pot. I could very well be blind too...cheers

AuHunter

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum