Power outlets and setups

Go down

Power outlets and setups

Post by toad on Mon 23 Feb 2015, 10:26 pm

Here's two setups that work quite well.  They give you multiple fused 12v outlets, a couple of USB chargers, voltage meter and just make camping and detecting a bit easier.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The top one is built in an aluminium case and connects to the battery via Anderson plug giving 4 x 12v cig outlets plus a 300 watt inverter 240v supply for a "AAA" charger.  One of the cig outlets has a plug in USB charger for when it's required.  All the outlets are fused.

The one underneath also connects to the battery via and Anderson plug and gives 5 x 12v cig outlets, one with a plug in voltmeter, two USB charge outlets in the one unit bottom left, two spade type 12v outlet (old 32v system plugs) at the right for the fridges. (because they don't fall out on bumpy tracks)

Just some ideas that make it a bit easier out bush.

Last edited by toad on Mon 23 Feb 2015, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
toad

Back to top Go down

Re: Power outlets and setups

Post by martinjsto on Mon 23 Feb 2015, 11:47 pm

like the setup toad. i must do something similar.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim on Tue 24 Feb 2015, 7:11 am

toad
That is a Very neat set up ....
I may have to make up something like that ....
Thanks for posting....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Trout detector on Tue 24 Feb 2015, 4:03 pm

Very neat Toad.

Trout detector

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa on Tue 24 Feb 2015, 5:02 pm

Gday Toad, they look pretty shmick Very Happy When you say they connect to the battery via an Anderson plug, is that to a van or your vehicle?
I've got a couple of those old spade type plugs in the back of my ute that are hooked up to a spare battery that is charged by a 100w solar panel on the canopy roof. Works well but I need a bit of a charging board like you have there with a few more outlets.
cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Tue 24 Feb 2015, 5:24 pm

Been using this for years, modified a few times but works a treat.
Now has a 40amp 240/12V charger and amp & voltmeter.
Dedicated battery charged by alt & solar which supplies items in photo + 39 & 60L Engel.

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Tue 24 Feb 2015, 8:50 pm

mulgadansa wrote:Gday Toad, they look pretty shmick Very Happy When you say they connect to the battery via an Anderson plug, is that to a van or your vehicle?
I've got a couple of those old spade type plugs in the back of my ute that are hooked up to a spare battery that is charged by a 100w solar panel on the canopy roof. Works well but I need a bit of a charging board like you have there with a few more outlets.
cheers
Brett

I have a Navara dual cab with a canopy on the back. The unit connects to my aux battery in the tray which is connected to the alternator through a CTEK dual battery manager which also has an input for a 250 watt/17.8 amp solar panel on the canopy roof. The panel puts out more than enough grunt in most weather and I can conect the van via an Anderson plug if I wish to top up its' house battery. I was going to wire a 240v charger into the system but I've never needed it.
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum