2 wasted days

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 wasted days

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 3:55 pm

Did a charge up to a couple of areas. And here's a few lessons.
Make sure you are within the area you have permission or pending ground.
Too many roads or tracks out there now and some are done by the mining companies and access is denied by them.
Ask for Permission. We accessed a road and the bastards had cameras on it but it was the only way to access pending ground.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 wasted days

Post by AussieAU on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 5:07 pm

Hey, so long as it wasn't a haul road and you had a WA miners right there should be no problem, as you know you are allowed to traverse across live leases to get to where it is you want to go, the WA miners right gives you this right. :)

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 5:29 pm

that's a shame cliff, nothing worse then being there and not being able to get where you want to.
especially if you don't have a lappie with you to source out other area's nearby.
so did you manage to find a spot to swing the 7k? or was the time spent in the pub Razz .

i wasn't aware the wa miners right allows you to use tracks across live leases to access the spot you have permission to detect.
learn something new everyday as they say
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 5:55 pm

I'm heading for the DMP tomorrow to find out why the signs are there. The company who put them there doesn't exist anymore since 2013.
We found an active camp site with no one in them and some mongrel with a caravan and sign saying "say out".
This is getting bad.
I do the right thing, it seems the mongrels who take out a leases of some description think they rule the world. Well I got news for them.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:12 pm

Bignugs we dropped into the Kalgoorlie Dept of Mines and Petroleum for some updated advice on where we could prospect. The young lady printed free maps of the area we were interested in and informed us that we were free to traverse active leases, we could also camp on them and view the geology in the region.

She made it clear that as soon as we swung a pick or detector we were breaking the law.

When we apply for a 40e, we are applying to the government not the mining company. The mining company only have a lease over the crown land therefore have no authority to prevent our access providing we don't interfere with their operations.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronybaby49 on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:46 pm

Good luck with your endeavor cliff, I think you will find that the resources of the dmp
are stretched to the limit already.I personally feel that the whole system needs a urgent review.In my very limited experience i have had very few drama's but to prospectors
that do a lot of different areas over the course of the season it must be a challenge to say the least.Hope you sort them out cliff, i had them wound up over my first trip to mount monger through locked gates to access a pending lease.

Last edited by ronybaby49 on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too much red wine.!!)

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by Gasgoyne on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:14 pm

I think we all have to remember that we abide by a number of different acts, not just the mining act.

You may be allowed to pass over live tenements under the mining act, but to use a companies haul road does raise some safety issues. A company also has to operate under the OHS act and I can guess why they would get upset with people using their roads and the potential liability issues.

Gasgoyne

Back to top Go down

Post by prospectingwa on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:15 pm

Cameras haul roads (gravel tracks) who cares as long as ur heading to a legal spot" I'd give em the birdie.they don't own the land they only think they do. I wouldn't worry cliff there's not much they can do ......
prospectingwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:18 pm

I finally got to DMP this morning.
Told them about the pending ground we tried to access and about the road and cameras.
They have the details and they say we can access the road. It surprised them about the cameras and now that they have the details there might be some fun and games but I doubt it.
I really don't care as I'll be back there next week and driving up the road.
And just to annoy the mining company, I took out a 40E on a patch of their EL's.
Case of wait and see now.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 7:21 am

2 days wasted ?
Sounds like your usual weekend Cliff :) kwdf lweg hahaha

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm

CrazyPete wrote:2 days wasted ?
Sounds like your usual weekend Cliff :)  kwdf  lweg  hahaha

wish it was Razz   only had 2 cans in 48 hours and I had them at 12.30am while parked up at the BP in SX  Twisted Evil
made up for it when I got home tho   lol!   lweg

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaz on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 8:10 am

Even though you have a 40E I thought you had to notify the lease holder in writing of your intentions before swinging on an exploration lease. I know you can be there without permission but not swing there.??

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 8:54 am

Shaz wrote:Even though you have a 40E I thought you had to notify the lease holder in writing of your intentions before swinging on an exploration lease. I know you can be there without permission but not swing there.??

You are correct and I'm now waiting for the 21 day waiting period to finish or to be notified by the company or pastoral lease holder of any objections.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaz on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 8:18 am

What a pain to wait just to use a road but. Do you know on what grounds they can object because I was told by an EL lease holder that he has to say yes or he gets reprimanded. Is that just because he is a little man and not a big company. Just wondering what would be a reason for a no.

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 8:56 am

G'day Shaz

Reasons could include drilling ops nearby or hauling ore geo mag surveys or even just road maintenance, they could and sometimes come up with total BS excuses.

Pete Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

Like Pete says, there could be lots of reasons for objections.
Drilling
Stock movement
Or it is maybe a haul road but, I believe you can get around that one if you have the amber flashing lights mounted on ya vehicle. I might be wrong with that but it doesn't matter. If there is only one road in, you are allowed to use it.
Unfortunately, the ground is no longer pending so I"m not sure if I want to go there again. Unless I pay $25 for 40E's or ask the company nicely for permission.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 3:54 pm

Why not go have a bang up at Magnet ??
better ground and chances of a few bits, roughly same distance as long as ya dont get trapped at the PF bar Razz

Pete

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 16 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm

Might just do that Pete.
Truth is, after coming out of a goat track we actually hit the road. so we went north a bit then south to see what the ground was like Twisted Evil
I just gotta go back there and have a go.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum