Find at Sandstone????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Find at Sandstone????

Post by goldseeker58 on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 7:18 am

I was just up in Mt Magnet, and talking to the guy why hires out detectors. He mentioned that some newby bloke found 50 oz, couldn't say if it was one nugget or several nuggets. But apparently he showed the find around the caravan park. Anyone else heard about this???? You guys in Sandstone????
Oh, I did find a nugget while in Mt Magnet, .46g, and my mate found a .48g nothing to brag about, but it put a rattle in the bottle.
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Re: Find at Sandstone????

Post by goldseeker58 on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:46 am

Well, I guess that no-one has said anything, no-one has heard about it, or they're keeping very quiet
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 2:26 pm

Nup,have not heard a thing.You would think if it was common knowledge around the park someone would have heard of it by now.At least you got a rattle in the jar at Magnet.
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 2:28 pm

no mate haven't heard anything but good luck to the fella who did make the find.

going back near 10 months ago i was chatting to a bloke at southern cross servo who works out bush by memory grading fence lines.
he lives in mt magnet and mentioned some locals found a rich reef somewhere between mt magnet and sandstone, i said paynesville area and he said yeah near there.
apparently near a old grave site, i'm not that familiar with the area.
anyhow he couldn't tell me how much gold was recovered but he did say the blokes who found it where all driving new cars which is how he found out about it.

i got to say though i think if i had 50 odd oz in my possession [$70000+] i don't think i'd be playing show an tell at the van park.

cheers
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 on Fri 07 Aug 2015, 7:43 pm

I agree with you there Jase, I wouldn't be breathing a word either, if I found anything more than 1/2 ounce.

Yeah cruiser1 nice to listen to a rattle in the bottle.
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by kaethe on Fri 07 Aug 2015, 8:14 pm

I mean, Honestly after the missing prospector couple and other news about the special people of Sandstone, who would mention it?
Assuming that you are not insane.

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan2010 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:01 pm

I got to Hold a 38 oz slug that came from Sandstone this season but That's all I'm Allowed to Say Twisted Evil
Evan2010

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:46 pm

38 oz slug, hmmmm you'd be a happy camper
wegr
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 6:11 pm

It was dinkum by the looks - 51.44 oz and on the cover of the Gem and Treasure mag that arrived today.

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiewa on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 6:04 am

Just reading the October Gold Gem and Treasure, page 6 story regarding 51oz find by novices, WOW , what a find.

Goldiewa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 3:37 am

Big nuggets are often found by novices, it seems they will detect where more experienced people wont, sometimes I reckon that its the preconceived idea in our heads of what looks right that steers us away from nothing looking ground to better looking ground.

Although that seems initially like the way to go, you also have to remember that if it looks great to you it would have looked the same to others and therefore the ground has probably been worked over and over again.

So keeping that in mind crappy nothing looking ground in theory would have had far less attention therefore could still be hiding good gold, case in point was some years ago a very lucrative patch I found and worked with mates was on the most average looking ground with pretty much no indicators to any gold being there at all.

As they say "gold is where you find it"

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by thedigger on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 2:22 pm

The reasons that you hear about novices finding the gold,is that anyone that has been at it a while,keep their mouth shut, where as novices cannot contain themselves.

Regards Frank

thedigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Golditch on Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:45 pm

Hit the nail on the head there frank !!

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down