Coiltek Camo Coil " The Ducks Nuts "

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coiltek Camo Coil " The Ducks Nuts "

Post by Peaky on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 3:50 pm

Well after a couple of trips out with the Coiltek Elite I can tell you two things

One
I will not be putting another coil on my 4500 for some time cos I feel I'm not missing much
If anything I'm getting more gold and at a much better depth

Second thing is I need to get a much bigger pick
I have been digging some big holed for small and large gold and my pick can't move enough dirt for my liking

I like to get the target out of the hole fast so I can get to the next one

I don't get allot of time on the ground due to work and home commitments so for me time spent digging with a small pick is eating into the time I have chasing the next target

I'm also keen to his some of my old spots to see what I was missing deeper

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Re: Coiltek Camo Coil " The Ducks Nuts "

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 4:54 pm

Good to hear the new CT coil is doing the job for ya.  As for pick, maybe get one on those wide suckers with the wings.
I can understand digging holes with a standard pick.  Ya end up with ya guts on the ground diggin with ya hands.
But here's a question. Can you pin point with that coil ??

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 6:20 pm

Have to agree peaky.
Tried out the coil over the weekend and can say now that if I had tested it before I raced in and bought the 7000 I would be 10 grand better off now.
Could run settings that I have never been able to run before on the 5 and it just gives you confidence unlike the 7 where I seem to second guessing all the time.

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:18 pm

I have heard a lot of good reports about the CT coil , BUT how does it compare with the new Nugget Finder coil ?
I know the NF has only just been release but has anyone heard anything about its performance?

Don't have the $'s at present for either coil so I don't have to make my mind up, just yet.

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 8:06 am

Woteva

I have the 14X9 Nuggetfinder Advantage coil and this was my coil of choice before I got the Elite

I have not used the new Nuggetfinder but I would say that it would be on par with the Elite

I just can't get over how small a bit I can ping at good depth with the Elite and how clear the signal is

IMO if you out lay the $450 you can pay that back in one or two trips ( that is if you are on the good ground)

I have noticed that sometimes you need to get 2" of soil off the top before the signal gets bigger but my first scrape is at least that anyway

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Quogmeier on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 3:17 pm

I have to agree Peaky.
Got the Camo Elite for my birthday in late July.
Has paid for itself twice over already.
Woteva I took out both coils before I got the Elite, found the NF to be a bit noisier to the point that I got a second nugget out of the same hole after filling in the hole and going back over it with the Elite. And this is all from ground that I've been over with other coils, 8 x 6 Sadie and 14 x 9 Blitz.
To be fair though the NF coil was only a prototype at the time.
I think it depends what your preference is.
Just got back from 7 hours on an old spot with 5 pieces for 4.7 grams including a 2.2 that screamed like rubbish and got 7 for 7.3 from the same spot 2 weeks ago including a 3.8 grammer.
Haven't seen anything that size for some time.
Cheers
Norm

Quogmeier

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 1:08 pm

G Day Norm

It is deadly on the 4500

I have just had to upgrade my pick so I can dig bigger holes

I will be up in Kal next week

I hope to get half a days swing before I get stuck into the work I have to do

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 3:36 pm

I bought a pearler big pick for prospecting peaky. it was the ducks guts. When I first got the elite was getting interference... turns out it was my big pick hanging off my belt... sooo..... I carried it over my shoulder which is a pain in the but... so I would leave it (stupid) at my last hole... one day after a long day I packed up & left leaving the pick behind... sure enough next day when i went back it was gone.... sooo. if you Found a big pick on Annean its mine .... one of a kind with a lock washer around a big magnet.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Viper

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum