Jack Hammer 1500watt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jack Hammer 1500watt

Post by BIG GEM on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:36 pm

wants to buy a Jack Hammer that can run off a 2kva generator and would appreciate your advice.

Bunnings have two for sale, one being Ozito 1500 watt and the other is a full Bore heavy duty 1250 watt. Do you think they can run off a 2kva generator or can you recommend one that will.

Cheers Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Hammer 1500watt

Post by clodhopper on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:02 pm

Bob I can run a 1500 watt Makita jackhammer off a 2kva Honda no problem. A handy item to also have is the little Ozito hammer drill when you don't really need to lug the big one out,smaller one on sale at Bunnings for$85 at the moment and slightly bigger one about $135.Only 4 and 5 kilos each roughly. Claude.

clodhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:38 am

Gday Bob
I bought the Ozito hammer drill a couple of years ago and it works a treat and can be run off an inverter if you don't want to shell out and lug a genie around.
cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:57 am

Hi Claude & Brett, many thanks for advice will buy one today. Cheers Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm

i've had my el cheapo ozito hammer drill for at least 5 years, it gets used weekly drilling into concrete and chisling  brickwork.
works a treat as mentioned, done the bushes in it once but by memory comes with spare set. had it up and going within 10 mins.
good thing about them if it breaks within the warranty period, take it into bunnings and the give you a new 1. not that i had to do that

cheers
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm

Hey Brett, great idea about the inverter, I would never have thought you could run the hammer drill off one - I would be keen to know what type/specs inverter you run?

I have been thinking about trying to cut the end off one of the chisel bits and getting a section of inch round bar welded on to use as a dolly in the dollypot.

Cheers
Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm

Gday Stinger, that's a cracker idea about the dolly pot, love lateral thinking. I run a 1000w inverter. I originally bought the drill with the idea of getting some det caps to pop ferrocrete nuggets out but haven't come across anyone who can get me some caps. I used to have access to caps and a bit of fracture decades ago but things are a lot tighter now.
cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:59 am

I used to carry one of the small I think it was a 850watt? ozito rotary hammers and ran it on a 2000w inverter, connected the inverter to the battery and ran the engine to keep up the charge, worked a treat for the few times I used it.

Some smaller inverters wont run them at full speed, that burns out the brushes as well, also you need more power for start up, it will be the same for a generator, the output has to be great enough to start it up so a 1250 or 1500 w hammer should run ok on a 2kva generator.

Beware that you don't get caught using it though as its against the rules of your miners right and you could get fined, its not seen as a hand tool apparently.

au-fever

Last edited by au-fever on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:58 pm

It's still a worry with this rule, especially after the answer Bill O'Connor got. And he was told we can use them.
Personally, I cant see why we can't use a cordless drill with masonry bit and then use a hammer and chisel.
Always interesting times.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum