Made redundant so went out for quick trip

Go down

Made redundant so went out for quick trip

Post by Ian226 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 10:03 pm

Hi all, having been made redundant I decided to take a couple of weeks out prospecting as I had only had 4 days out in the past 12 months and drooling a lot with all you getting out bush and trying to find the yellow metal.
First day a Wednesday arrived in location and set up camp after a long days drive, had my two light beers and tea by then dark. So never have done any night time detecting so gave it a try for a couple of hours and by golly pinged a .5g piece.
Next day was as windy as hell and a lot of EMI making it difficult to detect, but the days tally was increased to 8.4g with finding 3 nuggets, so enjoyed my two beers that night.
Friday it rained on and off during the day not heavy just steady and with a lot of EMI, but then a 4pm saw it coming and hit 10 minutes later. Lightning and raining sideways as the wind was that strong, just like sitting in a cyclone to which I have seen a few. Camp was flooded.
Saturday could not drive anywhere and the two foot power was the go, pinged 2 more small pieces for 1.9g total. The next two days was keep looking no more adding to the tally.
Tuesday got a text from Steve, saying it was going to be my lucky day, and it was by 5.50 am had found a 2g right on top of a hill with a nice view. Nothing found by lunch so that afternoon tried another location. First signal around 3pm was a staple so kept moving and 5 mins later had the detector scream to which I thought I’d found a piece of junk.
As I always do I continued to dig, got to about 4” deep and the signal was out, located it in the pile and lo and behold I felt the weight. It was beautiful and came in at 82.4g, rechecked hole no further signal, filled the hole. Started gridding (without chain) and within 8 feet another nice signal, resulting in 4gms. Called it a day and again enjoyed my 2 beers that evening.
Wednesday spent all day going over the hill with only finding 2 small pieces for 1.9gms, but the heat that day taking it out of me, just a tad over 36c. Weather forecast was for 39 on Thursday so decided to call it a day and come home.
Well as stated I am a free man from the work force, and on one of my previous posts on looking at a caravan I was looking at getting an Explorex van, I’ll be picking it up this Wednesday and preparing for next season. Cheers Ian

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Re: Made redundant so went out for quick trip

Post by Jack-Tar on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 6:40 am

Well done, good onya Ian.

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:24 am

Good one Ian,nothing like getting the last fix for the season.Even though it was only a short trip you still managed to ping some of the good o`l glittering stuff,especially the 82 grammer.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:36 am

Very nice result, late in the year but worthwhile.
Chris
shorty

Back to top Go down

MADE REDUNDANT SO WENT FOR QUICK TRIP

Post by Ian226 on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:37 am

Hi All Photos did no attach on first post here they are

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:57 am

Fantastic news, what a way to finish your year. Thanks for sharing story and photos.

Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:07 am

nice gold
good on ya

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:28 am

Ian

Good onya....
Great looking nuggs...
Thanks for sharing....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:49 am

G`ees lucky you had a hard floor camper other wise you would have really been flooded out.Thanks for the pics,that bigg`n sure was a lovely bit.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:35 am

great looking gold there, congrats.

maybe next time don't set the bbq up in the river

cheers for sharing those photo's enough to make a man jealous cheers
jase
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 5:14 pm

Hi Ian 226,

great gets for a week prospecting, I personally love it when it rains like that when out prospecting, I find the gold jumps out a bit better than normal

We have over theyears got a few heart shaped nug's but nowhere the size of that one, I think it's a fallacy that those big nug's exist, I'm thinkin it's blown up in size just to tease us

Let's see now, you drove all day, that put's you around.........., no really you would be hard pressed to beat that next time out///////.........

cheers Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:37 pm

Well done mate some very nice bits there. I don't know what you did before you were made redundant - but you made pretty good wages and had some adventure to boot by the look of the pics!. And next-time you've got a great place to start from… you can't complain about that!

Cheers and good luck

Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:33 pm

Hi Ian,

Great gold, well done, your camp flooding reminds me when I was fencing, camping on pastoral land and we got flooded, can't walk anywhere, let alone drive..
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by koeh on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:57 pm

Had ya name written on it, congrats,

koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 10:25 am

Nice haul of nuggets, well done. Maybe that rain was a blessing and kept you from driving out a way for the spot. that big nug was a ripper find.
Cheers, salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:23 pm

It must have been stressful being grounded by the weather in a spot like that Very Happy
We're here in the Golden Triangle and all that's missing is the gold Sad Actually I was quite happy with our seven little nuggets until I saw this haul. You've convinced me we're wasting our time here. Tomorrow we're heading for WA...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum