Holiday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holiday

Post by Flouro on Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:00 am

Hi All,

Back from holiday,been fixin cruze I have had to redo the rear brakes that shite em selves when out detectin near Leonora ear lier this year,thye pads had worn thru to the backing plate and one decided to half fall out and start scraping. when I pulled it out to fix it the pistons had been acting as pads on both sides and worn on an angle so had to cut with a grinder before fitting the new pads which were flown into leo the day before

Funny thing, we camped out at the dam just east of town and thought we could get a few yabby's while were waiting but where's the water......huge big dam but no water so we drove around a while trying to find some and out in the middle to one side there's a friggin bloody great hole which is very well hidden....I think we got 3 yabbies

Anyways the brakes are all new rotor's pads shoes and wheel bearings and seals all done as well, oh and brand new calipers as well, it turned out it was better to buy all new parts than have them skimmed and renew the pistons, so she's a cruzin again

Been fishin and catchin a few for bait for the craypots but no luck so far, yea plenty of bait to catch but no crays as yet, just pickling a few herring fillets(first try)

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday

Post by salt-d on Fri 04 Dec 2015, 8:05 pm

Geez Ron, you been letting the gold detectin interfere with ya vehicle maintenance Shocked could have been you in a pickle not the bloody herrings. Laughing Sounds like they need a lot of rain to fill the dam
Cheers. salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Fri 04 Dec 2015, 8:46 pm

Crays a bit thin on the ground here too so far.
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Sat 05 Dec 2015, 5:57 am

Never could understand why they brought the cray season forward a month?

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Sat 05 Dec 2015, 7:30 am

Hi Salt-d,

Maintenance, whats that,when it breaks fix it....or I don't go lookin for trouble it finds me. With the dam if you look on google it's got plenty of water with a few gold patches close by

Hi Toad, I don't think we've met, a friend got a couple and everyone started putin their pots back in and they vanished again

Hi Peter,

Down our way the weather would calm off a couple weeks early and the crays would have all moved out just before we put our pots in, so at least now the boys get a chance to get a few for chrissy, but this season the weather hasn't really calmed off like it normally used to, so the season is a bit odd down our way

Cheers Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Sat 05 Dec 2015, 7:32 am

Hi Salt-d,

Maintenance, whats that,when it breaks fix it....or I don't go lookin for trouble it finds me. With the dam if you look on google it's got plenty of water with a few gold patches close by

Hi Toad, I don't think we've met, a friend got a couple and everyone started putin their pots back in and they vanished again

Hi Peter,

Down our way the weather would calm off a couple weeks early and the crays would have all moved out just before we put our pots in, so at least now the boys get a chance to get a few for chrissy, but this season the weather hasn't really calmed off like it normally used to, so the season is a bit odd down our way

Cheers Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by red devil on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:03 am

Hi Flouro
If you were at Malcolm dam which is east of Leonora it is full of koi /carp which love young yabbies. We were there afew years ago and couldn't believe the amount of koi swimming around.
regards red
red devil

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:48 am

Some one, can't remember who, told me there was an open cut up Duketon way which was full of large Koi.  You'd wonder what they would eat.

Whites are starting run here now apparently.
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 3:30 pm

Hi All,

Yep, Malcolm Dam that's the one...no yabbies no koi , as we camped on the dam wall quite a few people came and went.. popular spot

Cant wait for the weather to clear up a bit to check me pots

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:33 pm

It was reported some years ago that the WA dept of Fisheries trialled certain types of fish and shellfish in old open cut mines where the water was unfit for human consumption due to the high mineralization.
It was also reported that the species introduced into those open cuts thrived really well.
I did receive a report a while back that you can actually get WA marron from one of the old mine sites and the locals know where it is. Whether that is true, I don't know but, the dept of fisheries did put species into old open cut mines that had water in them. It was reported in the West Newspaper.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 4:45 am

On our excursions over there, have always scored a good feed of yabbies from Niagara dam.
mike
boobook

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum