oztent 3

Go down

oztent 3

Post by david dj on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 10:58 am

Hi guys thinking of getting a 30 second  oztent for quick setup swag to hard to get in and out of any comments thanks dave

david dj

Back to top Go down

Re: oztent 3

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 5:01 pm

I was thinking of getting one a few years back, bit pricey.  But they are easy to set up.
Really depends on how long you intend using it.  Like a few days or weeks and what type of bed are you using in it.
Did I mention I've got a camper trailer for sale  Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 7:07 pm

David, Google up oztrail tourer 9 tent. have used one for a number of years. Single centre pole very quick to erect, unless very windy peg in each corner all you need. packs up and much easier to carry than an oztent particularly if have wagon or dualcab vehicle. Upgraded to the tourer 9 plus last year just for a bit of extra room for when the missus comes along, we use two fold out stretches which take up a bit of room. Made of canvas and has good all round ventilation and lot cheaper than oztent. Anyway that's my two bobs worth
Cheers. salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by bomber on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 7:12 pm

Hi David,

I did a whole season with the oztent back in 99, very quick to set up and a bit more space than a swag.
I recently bought the oztent 5 for a family trip and it is very good but just a bit heavy so I would stick to the 3 or 4.
For shorter trips 2-3 weeks I would go a swag but any longer the oztent is very good because they really do setup up in 30 seconds and take about 2-3 mins to pack up.

Phil

bomber

Back to top Go down

Post by david dj on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:53 pm

Hi guys thanks for your comments, bit the bullet and bought a oztent 3 good price at bcf 20 % off for members today. Ive done the rooftop tent and arb awning tent but once your setup you cant drive off .see you out there

david dj

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum