Heat Wave

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heat Wave

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 07 Feb 2016, 8:53 pm

Not much I can say about the possibility of being fried to a crisp.
Anyone who had thorts of getting out this week, make sure you are well prepared.
Cheers

Last edited by Bignuggs on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Heat Wave

Post by Steady Eddie on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 5:55 am

I've just come down from Kalbarri - need I mention: from the frying pan into the fire! However, the humidity is much lower; it feels much more comfortable despite the high temperatures.
Keep cool.
Steady Eddie

Steady Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 4:56 pm

It's currently 40.4C in the main bedroom and 37.7C in the lounge room but I'm buggered if I'm turning on the aircon.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddie on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 8:37 pm

Good decision. It's healthier to breathe natural air. Air conditioners tend to dry out the air, and, believe it or not, our bodies are designed to handle large variations in the climate, due to the hardships we had to endure in the distant past. I had 41.5* in the camper today at 2 pm. All around me air conditioners create a constant hum, 24 hours a day. I was happy just to be able to buy some good bread again, and the large variety of vegetables layed out in their full splendor at the various supermarkets made me realize just how conditioned we become when exposed to it permanently. To be able to look again at nicely manicured walkways, for instance at Joondalup, made me feel good again. Civilization does have its good side as well. I am contrasting this description with Kalgoorlie, the busy mining town I lived in after leaving the gold fields up North.
Cheers, Eddie Very Happy

Steady Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 9:35 pm

Just called my sister in Mandurah.  I'm moving down there for a few days and my swag is going to be set up in the pool  lol!  
Ya gotta love it, get used to it or leave it.  We got heat and that's all there is to it.
It's been good drinking weather    kwdf

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steady Eddie on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 5:55 am

Caravan Parks tend to be a bit cooler, I guess they tend to have more vegetation which absorbs a fair amount of heat and radiation. There is another side to them as well though: because of their cheaper rates, they attract some shady elements; a good case in point is the Goldminers Park in Kal: I hadn't been there more than a few days when 6 cops turned up one morning and arrested my neighbours for drug (ice) dealings and robbery. A small toddler was a wittness to all this: just imagine what influence this has on a young growing mind; a person who later will take part in running the country! I suppose it takes all kinds...!
Just a thought.
Keep cool in Mandurah, Eddie

Steady Eddie

Back to top Go down

HEAT WAVE

Post by Ian226 on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 6:32 am

We all, just got back from a quick trip to Mt Fisher which was very interesting. They have had lots of rain and of course the weather was very hot. Wondering what I was doing in such heat, I went to help mate collect a one head stamper whom is going to restore it to give it new life and with the blessing of the mining company whom had it. Whilst up there did 2 days prospecting and found a couple of small nuggets and just ensured I drank plenty of fluids and detected shady areas helped it be manageable.

The team also got to see a spectacular fireball around 8.30 on Saturday, which we were sure it was going to hit Wiluna from our location.

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 10:41 am

Just got back from a trip down Esperance way while the heat wave was on.We took the beach and tracks as far as we could until we hit the huge cliffs below the Nullabore.Was certainly a lot cooler than the metro area.
Roll on detecting season.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Golditch on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 8:32 pm

Hi there guys, just got back yesterday from being around the goldfields for last weeks heatwave. Yes it was hotter than normal out there, one day the temp gauge was at 50 deg around 130 pm!! But I love the heat and the YELLA that came with it !!
If the old fellas did it so should we !

Great start to the season 2016

Cheers Golditch

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 9:08 pm

Gees your keen Golditch,certainly deserve all the gold you won.I am thinking about heading off early april and still worried how hot it may be then.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Golditch on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 9:13 pm

Defenetly got the itch early Phil, you loose a lot of swing time to manage the Heat ie Beer drinking !! But love the bush.
April will be the normal time but needed to get away.
Best of luck to you also Phil.

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum