Another kick in the but from Minelab

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another kick in the but from Minelab

Post by bull ant on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 4:26 pm

I see that GPZ owners have lost $1200 plus in twelve months.
Thanks Minelab. Not happy
https://www.cwpsupplies.com.au/product/minelab-gpz-7000/
bull ant

Back to top Go down

Re: Another kick in the but from Minelab

Post by Pebbles on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm

That CW offer also includes a Plus Go Find 60 detector valued at $399.
I don't think that I will be buying a Zed just at the moment!

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 6:40 pm

Well what can ya say.  I'm sure there are a lot of 7000 owners who will be p*ssed off with this.
Thanks a lot Minelab, ya bunch of Pr*cks
And this is just my opinion.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 8:46 pm

Get over it, every day we see items at a reduced price from when we bought it, a week, month a year ago.

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 7:55 am

Looking at the bigger picture, now people who are trying to sell their already overpriced Gpz7000 detectors are going to have to further reduce the price in order to get rid of them, same as the scenario that went on when they re introduced and dropped the price of the gpx4500. Mad

Poor show Minelab, glad I didn't buy one lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by albo on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:39 am

Um well lets face it , a new detector comes out, big rush , a premo price, time passes, price creeps down..... Dont see anybody buying my old 3500 for 4800 dollars. All eletronic gadgets are updated regularly& they are certainly not an appreciating asset says this mr obvious
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 3:43 pm

The price they released the 7000 for was a big step up from the 5000 . Considering the 5000 coils etc. are not compatible. Stopped me purchasing one. Not to say I wont later down the track but the 5000 still does what I want and the coils I have cost heaps .Just having my say Folks!
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributer on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:05 am

As a long time purchaser of the new gold detector releases since the release of the 2000 I am upset with Minelab for the price drop. They have always been consistent with dropping the price of detectors and adding freebies after a certain amount of time has elapsed and they push customer loyalty and their customer charter. Minelab have normally not acted like a Harvey Norman or a car dealer with a sale every other week and they have changed their approach to pricing and marketing.

They have a right to change price at a whim to appease shareholders and the bottom line but they have upset loyal long term customers that they normally showed some respect for.

Word of mouth from experienced Minelab users has sold many units for Minelab and I hope they realize this and offer existing 7000 users some deal to keep the faith.

I am more then hopeful that existing 7000 customers may soon be offered a great discounted deal on the new coil that can be redeemed at the dealer they purchased the 7000 from, restoring some faith in the value Minelab place on long term customers. Tributer.
Tributer

Back to top Go down

Post by bull ant on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:26 am

Tributer wrote:

I am more then hopeful that existing 7000 customers may soon be offered a great discounted deal on the new coil that can be redeemed at the dealer they purchased the 7000 from, restoring some faith in the value Minelab place on long term customers. Tributer.

If and when a deal is offered ( very doubtful ) you can bet that the original price will be highly inflated. Like Rob Peter to pay Paul.
bull ant

Back to top Go down

Post by Golditch on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm

Guys
At the end of the day minelab are like any business That sell items , that's say like cars.
If you by a new car this year and go to buy the same car next year it's gojng to be cheaper , the same for second hand.
its clean cut! If there that bad of a company don't buy there equipment , end of the day it will mean more gold for those that appreciate the time and money spent .

Cheers all itch

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Post by red devil on Sat 05 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm

Get over it ,If ya want it now you pay the price of the day if you want to wait it may be cheaper.How many times have we bought a new item tv etc to find the retailer has knocked $100's off the next week or two. Be happy life is too short to bitch whinge and whine .As Mal said, life is not meant to be easy.

Have a happy day

red
red devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 11:35 am

My TV cost $1500 when I bought it. Now they are $400. Dirty retail rats......
Mine is almost worn out now but I can get a new one for $399. Same applies to anything really.
I'm over it. Must be old.....

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 8:55 am

bull ant wrote:I see that GPZ owners have lost $1200 plus in twelve months.
   Thanks Minelab.  Not happy
https://www.cwpsupplies.com.au/product/minelab-gpz-7000/

My ZED, which I bought 3 days old for $9500, has paid for itself many times over in the first year of use. Even if I had paid the full new price, I would not feel ripped off.
I do use mine a LOT, which could not be said for many purchases of the ZED, but it is no different to any other piece of electronic equipment that invariably becomes cheaper.
At least with a ZED, you have a chance of paying for your hobby, whereas my $12000 fishing tinny makes me no money at all !

Now, about that 20 inch coil they said was coming ............... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum