Super Springs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super Springs

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 17 May 2016, 4:56 pm

Has anyone fitted a set of super springs to their 4x4 ?  and did you notice any difference with load weight or towing.
I like the look of the American product (Pic).  I believe there is an aussie version but it involves some cutting of the bump stop.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Springs

Post by Selfy on Wed 18 May 2016, 9:22 am

what about an air bag set up like these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have never used them, but at least they are adjustable and can save your spine for when you are not carrying a load

Selfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 19 May 2016, 9:41 am

I'm not really keen on airbags, heard some stories about punctures which has put me off the idea.
I'm waiting on a quote from the US mob before I make a decision.
cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Selfy on Thu 19 May 2016, 11:30 am

try this site

Selfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 19 May 2016, 2:35 pm

Already got a set of those bolted on but they can't take to much extra weight especially when I hook up the Jayco the back end just about hits the deck.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Fri 20 May 2016, 9:37 pm

I run airbags on the Isuzu. We have 8" bags all round, 25 psi in the front and 80 psi in the rear most of the time. I thought they would have given a softer ride but all we really achieved is height and weight adjustment from the driver's seat. The two compressors and 5 gallon tank are good as well when it comes to tyre pumping or needing air for anything. They've done about 80,000km so far without any problems and most of the time we're running at max 6 tonne GVM. I would never even consider the likelihood of puncturing one. They are tougher than the tyres and a lot higher off the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mxt Sniper on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 12:34 am

I have a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 TRD truck, been running super springs on it since new 2006, I tow a 3,000 trailer and these super springs were exactly what I needed, empty the truck runs nice and smooth with these installed, yet with the trailer, the truck runs level despite the 450 lb tongue weight. No worries about leakage as there is with air bags. I have had such good service out of them I will buy super springs again if I buy a new Tacoma in the future. There are two settings on the super springs, I think 1500 which is where I set it when I first bought them, and a 2500 setting, I am on the upper setting now due to a Rancho Quick Lift install in front w/9000 adj shocks all around set to 7, the second 2500 lb setting gave me the lift I needed in the rear of the truck to match the Rancho Quick lift I installed in the front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 10:48 am

Decided to not replace the rear springs, they are ok when not towing.  I was really trying to stop the back end sagging when hitched to the jayco.
Took a chance on a height adjustable ball hitch, it solved the problem and got a lot of weight off the tow ball.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum