which dog muzzle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

which dog muzzle

Post by homer08 on Wed 18 May 2016, 2:10 pm

Hi, can anyone recommend a make or type of dog muzzle that they are using or have used on their dog in the bush to stop them getting at baits. Do not intend letting her run through the bush but accidents happen.
Cheers Neil.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Re: which dog muzzle

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 19 May 2016, 2:24 pm

I called the RSPCA in Perth to see if they had a recommendation for a muzzle. That was a total waste of a phone call, all ya get is recorded messages that tell you nothing.
I can only advise that you see you local vet, they might have something.
Or you can try this mob, they have a good selection of muzzles.
Googling seems to say as long as the dog can drink but not eat, so maybe the mesh type is the way to go.

http://www.thefarmstore.com.au/shop-by-animal/dogs-cats/muzzles-catchers

cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Thu 19 May 2016, 5:51 pm

Good move Nuggs.... though no guarantee.... each station throws an average 1000 baits twice a year..... no one likes it & they all have lost their own dogs no matter how careful they are.... My son brought his dog up here to the Murchy though advised him against it... had a muzzle but alas... & there is nothing worse... we are unfortunately paying for govt neglect getting rid of the doggers over the years... robbing the ag dept blind.... good luck!
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 19 May 2016, 6:43 pm

I have seen a pet dog die slowly from poison. It's not a pretty sight and unfortunately we didn't have a gun to put the poor dog out of its misery.
Get a muzzle, the best you can get and keep an eye on ya dog. How simple can that be.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold on Thu 19 May 2016, 6:57 pm

Thought i sent a reply. We have a small jack russel and use a plastic muzzle with lots of ribbing on the end. We also cut a small piece of shade cloth and held it in with plastic zip ties. He can still breath ect but can not get his tongue out of it or through any openings. If he can get the outside wet or damp then he could possible get a bait. Hope this is of some help. TG

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 on Thu 19 May 2016, 8:14 pm

Thanks for the replies gents, i like that idea of yours travelergold.
cheers

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum