Cue trip and Rumours

Go down

Cue trip and Rumours

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:20 pm

Got back last night after 4 and half days in the Cue area.  By lunch time yesterday I'd had enuff.
And I didn't even find a piece of fly poop.  Lots of rusty tin, a bullet, a boot tack, tin foil and a piece of buried aluminium.  The ground was still damp and I got a lot of false targets, dig and they disappear.
Mr and Mrs gutfeeling run a 4500 and 5000 with the little sadie coils, they were able to pick some bits.  I'm starting to have my doubts about the 7000 but that's another story.
Stayed at the caravan park the whole time and just did day trips to different spots.  It's pretty busy at the park, last Saturday night the local information centre hosted a sausage sizzle for a gold coin donation, it was a good night AND I did manage to win the raffle.  Deb (Mrs gutfeeling) bought the tickets for us and let me pick which one I wanted, I think she hates me now  Razz
It was good to get away from home for awhile, pity I didn't find a speck but the raffle prize had a couple of little nuggies on it so I didn't come home completely empty handed  Very Happy
The big finds rumours went through the park.  Story doing the rounds about 2 big finds near Sandstone.
Seems 2 nuggets (so it goes) weighing 60 Kilo and 40 Kilo were found out that way.  I can understand 6 and 4 ounces but Kilo's ??  unless they were big specimens.  But it is the tourist season and there's lot's of them  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Cue trip and Rumours

Post by CrazyPete on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 2:28 pm

Very Happy Cliff!! We all know there;s no gold left in WA mate didnt ya listen to the grapevine lol! cheers Razz Razz

I'll bet that van park BBQ was like a heap of old grey nomads hovering over every conversation, skimming for info on where every buggers gold spot is Twisted Evil Razz Razz

There's another member just arrived up Cue and he's into the
nuggets right now Shocked Shocked Razz
But he aint attached to a 7k Suspect affraid clown lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:49 pm

I can tell ya's right now, one famous patch called Webbs Patch is like a shopping centre car park  lol!
There's nice clean and shiney vehicles everywhere and I ain't ever going back there.
I didn't see one other vehicle apart from ours that had a speck of dust or mud on it  

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 3:58 pm

You should have set one of these up and made a quick Quid Razz Razz Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:14 am

Cliff

we just got back from up there 

Come to think about it I think I think we were coming out of Webbs when you had just turned into the bush off the main track 

Small world if i knew you were up there i would have taken t
you to some ground We had a good trip with 17 bits each 

next time mate 

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:20 am

Well done Peaky, nice tally mate, any photos Very Happy Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm

Peaky wrote:Cliff

we just got back from up there 

Come to think about it I think I think we were coming out of Webbs when you had just turned into the bush off the main track 

Small world if i knew you were up there i would have taken t
you to some ground We had a good trip with 17 bits each 

next time mate 

Peaky

G'day Peaky
we went out to webbs area in the mornings and came out in the afternoons. we didn't go there all the time, we also checked out a couple of other areas. there's still a few spots out at webbs I want to walk on, it's a big area. I might head out there end of July before the muster.
If we did pass each other I wouldn't have known, I don't know what sort of vehicle you have and I've never seen ya face Razz

cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 7:24 pm

Pete 
Sorry but cant get them on the computer yet but will post when i can

Cliff 
sorry we have not had the chance to catch up but any time 

Spent a few nights on some old patches for bugger all but still got gold each day 

hit some well known areas that should have been hammered and still got gold 

People !!!!!! Match the Hatch

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopperite on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 11:21 pm

Hi

Webbs Patch

The last couple of seasons I've had a few medical problems and haven't been able to get out for a swing.

This year we are hoping to get out and have a go. I have had my eye on Webbs Patch and thought we might be lonely out there ha ha. Might have been a bit ambitious there by the sound of it.

Can you get a small van into the joint or would it be better to operate out of Cue?

Regards
Hopperite

Hopperite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 3:41 pm

A section of the track has been washed out by the creek, just before you get to the first windmill. You can get thru with a vehicle but unless you have a dedicated off road van with plenty of ground clearance, I wouldn't like to try it.
If you feel energetic, I guess you could tackle it with a shovel to get thru the ruts.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopperite on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm

Thanks.

Will have to have a scout around before taking the van out. It will probably be a couple of months before we get out that way.

Regards

Hopperite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum