Planning 1st prospecting trip to North WA

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Planning 1st prospecting trip to North WA

Post by danowner on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 10:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right, been a while since I've been on the forum. Been caught up with my pointless job in which I am quitting in a few weeks. Finally realized I'm wasting my time, and can get more money elsewhere. Not important;

I have a Honda CRV, and I am planning on finally going on that 1st prospecting trip that should have happened a while ago. I am kitting up my car with max tools to get out there and find some shining yellow rock. I already have a duel battery setup that I installed myself. Going to connect a contactor between the 2 and be able to run my fridge (Soon to buy), metal detector charger (If necessary) and any other devices I need to use. The contactor will allow me to drain the back spare battery over night, without touching my main battery. That way I can start my car in the morning, and then flick a switch, and they both start getting charged. My 170W 48V solar panel with a solar 12v controller will also boost my charge in my car. It's the perfect setup electronically. But, it's an AWD Honda CRV (2000 year model). So the whole transmission is a bit of a problem. I'm bringing around 80L of extra fuel for my 60L car, and will have 40- 60L of water for around 4 - 5 days between myself and my brother, and plenty of food and snacks etc. I will be planning on going slightly offroad not too far from the roads, just on the way and around mount magnet. I have checked some spots out using mineral data from ASTER, and made sure there are no tenements and it is just public land. All so far looks good. This will be my first trip so I'm not expecting the gold finding to be very large. If at all, but I have my hopes. I want to test this data from ASTER, and if the results are dull, I will look elsewhere for my next trip.

I will be bringing my XT 18000, that I still am so grateful that user on here Fredsnugget kindly donated. I really do apologize but I am only now finally getting to use it for real. I will be charging it up and bringing the different coils that also were so damn kindly donated along. Can't wait to give this baby a shot of finding some beut nuggets.

Forgot to mention but I also plan on getting some CB equipment. I already have a 5W handheld, and plan on getting a second hand 5W main CB radio, as well as a nice big antenna. Does anyone have any recommendation for a car like mine? I'd like connect it without drilling any holes into and panels, if possible.

Anyway, I'm all ears for suggestions/ feedback on my plan/ setup. I slightly doubt the car's performance off-road, although I have taken it to some boggy sand dunes and it handles quite well, got slightly bogged and just reversing fixed the whole thing. I plan on getting out on the road within 1- 2 months. Got to get working to get as much money as possible to make all this possible.

Cheers guys and girls!

danowner

Back to top Go down

Re: Planning 1st prospecting trip to North WA

Post by danowner on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 12:26 am

Hey Lous, not sure what you mean by that? I won't be doing much bush driving experience, just a bit of dirt roads, perhaps tiny bit of bush. But I know that with an all wheel drive (My car), if you're in boggy sand, just don't stop, or you'll be in a pickle. Let me know what you mean by newest condition though mate

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by lousongtao on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 12:55 am

Hi Dan, I just want to know how many gold you found and if you have faced some trouble in this period. I also have the thought to prospect in recent time. If you agree, maybe I can join your team. I just have a Camry, so I cannot drive out of road. I cannot sure if this is OK to follow your car.

lousongtao

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 7:03 pm

No unfortunately the camry will not do well offroad at all, you will instantly run into trouble offroad. My car will be packed with stuff being so small, and it will have me and my brother in it unfortunately. As the post says, this is my first time so I haven't found any gold. If I find enough gold, I'll be getting a bigger 4WD and can see if you still wanted to come along haha. For now, just me and my brother will be going for the first time.

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by lousongtao on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 6:09 pm

OK, Dan

have a good luck, wish you share us more experience.

Before both of us are newbies, but now you have finished your first step. For me, you become a master now, haha

lousongtao

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneApollo on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 11:39 am

I think a PLB and a GPS are a must have item. Early morning and late arvo/evening is the go and try find somewhere shady for the middle of the day, the sun really is a killer.
I think a good metal detector is a must.(I bought from the Kingdetector).
I wish you the best of luck and take extra care hydration wise this time of the year.

EugeneApollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum