what about this tips to locate a good prospect point

Go down

what about this tips to locate a good prospect point

Post by lousongtao on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 1:05 am

Hi, mates,

I find there are many mines from google map, no matter they are alive or dumped, at least to prove that the mine companies thought there are enough gold to dig. Meanwhile, as we know that the gold on the earth surface should be taken out by volcano or magma from inner earth. therefore, the gold mine should be a line.

So I want to find some places nearby or between the mines and apply E40 in those area. Is it a good idea?

For example, in this area, I thing it should be valueable to prospect.

lousongtao

Back to top Go down

Re: what about this tips to locate a good prospect point

Post by lousongtao on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 1:06 am

it is strange, I cannot attach a picture

lousongtao

Back to top Go down

Post by mada on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 9:37 pm

Best the thing for you to do is to study the Geo maps before you go anywhere, otherwise you will be waiting time and money. I understand it is not easy to get started.
But study and research is the most important in any form or prospecting.
I spent almost 4 months every day and night researching geographic charts, topography maps etc etc. I was lucky I found gold on my first trip.
If you wish to become a "true prospector" in my eyes is to find your own patch. Study the land test sampling and looking for a reef.
The most common option is to find gold fast as possible. That's is to visit known gold areas (old mines) etc.
Again you must study these areas, knowing if it is vacant crown land, leased land etc etc.
Once you decide on a an area. Find out all the information you can gather.
Gold is where you find it, yes as I say above you can narrow it down by going to known areas.
If you don't study you will struggle.
Study, study, study.

Learn about rock types and the common rock types associated with gold.

YouTube has some excellent information on how to locate gold producing areas. Look for a series of videos called Hard rock university. The guy knows his stuff and you will learn lots.

At the end of the day, you just have to bit the bullet and go!!! You will find nothing sitting at home.

Unless you have experience with the bush and the hot summers DO NOT GO ALONE if you do make sure you have taken every precaution. Lots of water, first aid and don't dare to go prospecting unless you have an EPIRB and a GPS. Spare batteries etc etc

I read somewhere you have a Camry, yes you can go with a 2 wheel drive, BUT you must not venture to far. STay away from soft same. The biggest problem you with have is your tyres they are made for bitumen road. Rocks, dried sharp sticks etc can easy cut your side walls on you tyres.

I think for you the best option is to learn from someone else. Yes it will cost you some money. Talk to Bill and Ado about doing one of their guided prospecting course. These guys have been doing it for 30-40 years. Visit gold prospecting wa and book yourself in.

Hope this helps

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:12 pm

lousongtao wrote:it is strange, I cannot attach a picture

If you send your picture to my message box i will post it up for you Very Happy

Pete Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lousongtao on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 1:30 pm

Thank you Mada for your detailed explain

Looks like I have to buy a second hand 4wheel drive car and then study some skills for surviving in the bush area. Then join a team or study course to locate an accurate area to prospect.

lousongtao

Back to top Go down

Post by lousongtao on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 1:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thank you Pete, Let me do it again, maybe this time will success.

The circle area is surrounded by other mines, I think there are should have nuggets under earth. But I am not sure if it is OK to apply E40 for this area.

lousongtao

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 9:21 pm

Hi Lou, An easy way to look for yourself is by using this link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Find the area you are interested in then look in the layers symbol at top right of the screen, you get a drop down menu, select Mining resources and then mining tenements inside that. The tenements will load up and show on the map. Click on any coloured area on the map and the details will come up telling you what sort of lease it is. If it is blue then it is pending and OK to go on - be careful there may also be some granted (green) boundaries within it. The green ones are granted leases and you can only go on them with permission. If it is an E then you can apply for the S40 permit. If it anything else you need written permission from the lease holder.

The area you have circled is on an granted Exploration Licence so you can apply for a S40E permit. I haven't been there, but given the mines around it I am sure there is gold there - BUT whether it is detectable gold is another matter!

I hope this helps. Good luck and stay safe.

Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by lousongtao on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 2:23 am

Thank you Stingray

you gave me more explanation than my ask. Your answer explained my doubt well. Before I always strange why other people research so many documents to locate a good place for prospecting, if they follow my thought that just going to the area surrounded by other mines. Now I understand my idea is too simple. Definitely that mines show us where have more gold, but mines just focus on the deep gold and never consider the surface gold.

lousongtao

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneApollo on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:25 am

I also think it should be valueable to prospect. cheers :cheers:I want to do metal detecting with my new bought matal detector, do not waste time and money. But I know it is not easy to get started. A good machine and the Detailed planning is needed.

EugeneApollo

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneApollo on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 11:08 am

Hi, I think it is a good idea. I also think it should be valueable to prospect. You should study the Geo maps before you go here. I think the most important thing is have a good metal detector. I always buy metal detectors from the Kingdetector. I hope this helps. Good luck and stay safe.

EugeneApollo

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneApollo on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 11:10 am

Hi, I think it is a good idea.  I also think it should be valueable to prospect. You should study the Geo maps before you go here. I think the most important thing is have a good metal detector. I always buy metal detectors from the Kingdetector. I hope this helps. Good luck and stay safe.

EugeneApollo

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 12:58 pm

Word of warning.
These detectors are not suitable for gold detecting in Australia, and probably not in any other country.
They are cheap coin and relic detectors.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum