sdc 2300

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sdc 2300

Post by linlara on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 2:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Fluoro
Making plans to head over early march as plans had to be altered because of building. Just picked up an sdc2300 for 32 hundred new which i didnt think was a bad price I see you and sherry are using one so any info you or anyone else can give me on their machine would be greatly appreciated.Hope to catch up when we get over
Lindsay

linlara

Back to top Go down

Re: sdc 2300

Post by Moneybox on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

linlara wrote:Hi all
        We have been over for a week now with the sdc  on a salt lake we have previously found reasonable amounts of small gold .BUT i cannot stop the machine sounding like a donkey on each swing HEE HAW HEE HAW no matter how slow and low i go and trying all set ups as in previous posts .Were any of these set ups done on salt lakes. Fluoro will contact you and sherri  when i get the animals out of my ears.
Lindsay and Laraine
jhgigfif

lol! Yeah that's the SDC. We bought it on our way to Hawaii with the intention of using it on the beach over there. It just screamed blue murder unless it was turned off and stuffed in the boot. It does work well in places but it's a cranky little mongrel.

Back to top Go down

Post by linlara on Sun 07 May 2017, 12:20 pm

Hi all
Me and the little blue fella are now back on speaking terms.I took him away from the salt territory to another patch and he has excelled from.08 to.88 grams and find i am digging target screaming noises that i would previously thought trash but were actually gold. I am using your setup procedure au-fever which seems to be spot on.MANY THANKS.Also the machine did start cutting in and out with the slightest knock after 2 weeks detecting. Checking the batteries I found the negative end had blackish markings on them and by removing this coating from both ends of batteries with an alcohol hand cleaner has stopped the machine from cutting in and out. Don't ask me why but it worked.
Very Happy cheers

linlara

Back to top Go down

Post by au-fever on Tue 09 May 2017, 4:37 am

linlara wrote:Hi all
    Me and the little blue fella are now back on speaking terms.I took him away from the salt territory to another patch and he has excelled from.08 to.88 grams and find i am digging target screaming noises that i would previously thought trash but were actually gold. I am using your setup procedure au-fever which seems to be spot on.MANY THANKS.Also the machine did start cutting in and out with the slightest knock after 2 weeks detecting. Checking the batteries I found the negative end had  blackish markings on them and by removing this coating from both ends of batteries with an alcohol hand cleaner has stopped the machine from cutting in and out. Don't ask me why but it worked.
Very Happy cheers

Hi linlara

Good to hear you had some success with the sdc, that was my original point being that it can really make a difference to your gold finds once you have the machine properly ground balanced, while it works most of the time there are always some days that it will be ratty like any other pi detector with high emi about, but you still wont miss many targets.

We have found the same thing as the sdc will scream on bigger pieces that are couple of grams or more and the signal is not a mellow one as with say a 4500 or 5000 that you can mostly recognise as probably being gold, as it sounds more like a ferrous trash signal that you have to resist the urge to ignore and walk away from, same rule of thumb applies, "dig everything"

The battery issue that you described is common with them and I have experienced the same thing, there are a couple of things that can be done to help, when fitting the batteries you have to take care to push the cover down evenly on to the batteries to make sure that the springs align with the nipples on the batteries, if the cover is pushed down on an angle the springs will grip for a while then the slightest knock will cause the batteries to shift sideways and the springs momentarily lose proper contact and that's what causes the machine to shut down and start up again, a simple bush fix is to cut two toilet roll centre tubes down their length, cut out just enough so that you can slide the tube into the battery compartment and then re insert the batteries in to it easily but not so tight that they grab, then the batteries will stay better aligned, also you can put a wind or two of electrical tape around the ends of the batteries to make them a little fatter put just enough to make them snug but not too much or they will get stuck. Mad , as I found out. scratch and they are hard to get back out again.

You can now buy li ion batteries the 3.7 volt ones that come with inserts to replace the c cell ones with, Finders Keepers sell them, with the inserts batteries and charger, I have not used their ones but from what I have read it alleviates the issues with the shutting down, also you only use two batteries instead of 4, and people have said that the run time is much better along with the stability of the detector being improved, might be worth a try.

au-fever

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 16 May 2017, 11:57 am

as a lot of you know i love the SDC and use it heaps, all these things mentioned help to run it flat out what is what you want to be doing. very rarely do i need to run her on4 always on 5 nd you do find more gold if the SDC is well set up. I just got back from 5 day trip out Yalgoo, gold was tough to ping and we moved camp 4 times searching for ground. i pinged a nice 0.7 with the SDC after using the 5k non stop for days without any luck at an old diggings. after two days i ended up with about 6g of nuggets 16 bits and 12 nice specimens with really fine gold in them that gave up another 13.5 grams after dollying. thing is that we had a 5k a 7k and the SDC and checked all the detectors over the gold specimens and GUESS WHAT !!!!!!!.....      
you guessed it,

the SDC had a definite dig me on all rocks easy, the 7k, swinging normally tested in any setting only heard one of them unless one of the others were rubbed on the coil and the 5k was the same, only picking up with a dig me sound 2 rocks, one if just about touching and that was with an elite 1 inch coil fine gold and cranked up.
some nice pickers came out of the species so the gold was fine but also contained small up to 0.7g gold bits so i am disappointed that the 5k and especially the 7k missing them. over the days out how much gold did my friends miss because they didnt have a  SDC.
gota luv that MC.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 16 May 2017, 10:56 pm

A pics of the nuggets and the button from the species weighing 11.8g

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2