THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by Moneybox on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys,

Has anybody tried The Happy Prospector App for Android. I've just got a Samsung tablet with GPS but it won't take Geomap so I need to try another option.

Phil

Back to top Go down

Re: THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by Chiv on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 12:08 pm

So far work quite well for letting you know what is around that has some sorta lease, I drive all over the state very regularly and have been testing Happy Prospector with in relation to speed and position, as some of the ground I see I think should call in and run the detector over it, before I would mark gps and then back to tenements and search. Now cut a lot of time of my pc work.
I have found with my S7 it is very quick on locations no matter where I have been, anything under 60km it scrolls very nice relation to the map. At 80km it gets a bit jumpy and tenements tend to lag abit but not too bad. At a 110km mark (just for giggles) tenements do load but only every now and then but stay on screen and scroll for a while then big lag spike, but that not what this program was for, but very good every where else, most of the outback tracks are 10km to 40 km at best mainly because over grown and have turn into creak as most parts this app works very well, think you on the right path with this app, Blueapps :)

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 2:51 pm

Hi Chiv,

Thanks for the feedback.  It wasn't designed to be used at speeds but good to know it does ok most of the time.

The main reason for writing it was so I could easily check where I was when walking around, as carrying the laptop with GeoMap is a bit hard when detecting.  :)

I've been busy working on a new search interface for Gold Tracker so haven't been able to get much done on the IOS version or any more improvements on the Android version but should get back into it next Month.

Thanks
Kurk
BlueApps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 2:52 pm

Tekema2 wrote:I have The Happy Prospector on my Samsung TabA and my S5 phone.
Seems to work well... its basic and you can see where you are in relation to Tenements.
Its a hell of a lot faster than buggering around with Tengraph for hours. Very Happy

Thanks for the feedback.

Kurk
BlueApps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandygold on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 3:42 pm

Hi Blueapps

I will be waiting for " the happy prospector" app for the ipad/iphone
please

Regards
Jen58