looking for contact and buddy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

looking for contact and buddy

Post by pierre68 on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 5:16 am

Hi everyone,

The 12th marsh, i will travel around Western Australia during 1 year (maybe more :p). My project is to buy a 4x4 with a roof tent and detect with a GPZ 7000 on dead tenament and old gold mine.

As I told you in the presentation member topic I'm a french junior geologist of 26 years old and recently graduate with a master degree applied in mineral resources. I worked 2 years in French Guyana for an international gold company on green field exploration project.

I m looking for eventual contact and partner because i will arrive alone in Australia and know…. that is not the best way to prospect :/.

If someone is interest, please do not hesitate and get to know each other :)
pierre68

Back to top Go down

Re: looking for contact and buddy

Post by martinjsto on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 1:08 pm

Hi Pierre, you cannot take the WA outback lightly, each year prospectors go missing and some never are found even when going out with experienced people so get yourself a good PLB (personal location beacon) and GPS, equip the 4x4 with at least two spare tyres and a repair kit and a good tool kit and know how to use them, take plenty of water and food and become proficient with online Tengraph system so you can get permissions as required and something for tracking like Geomaps or google earth with a gps attached . its a courtesy but not a condition to contact any pastoral lease holders you intend to prospect on and let them know your movements and get local track condition reports. each year we have a forum Muster around August so maybe we will see you there. details TBA. we may get to catch up later in Autumn dep on where we are.
take care
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum