Simplified cooking

Go down

Simplified cooking

Post by cruiser1 on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 2:59 pm

As cooking is not one of my favourite agenda`s when prospecting, I take away heaps of frozen meals.Leading up to the season such as now extra serves of casseroles,stews ,spagetti spags etc are made then packed in aluminium foil trays and then frozen ready to take away.They are like giant ice blocks in the engel.When away they are simply put over the fire on some mesh,sit back and relax with a few beer`s(home brew of course)and enjoy.What could be easier than that.
Gee`s the feet are getting itchy know.

Cheers

Phil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by cruiser1 on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pics)
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Re: Simplified cooking

Post by gold n beer on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 4:35 pm

i hear ya about the itchy feet Phil, I've got a week off work and the forecast is 40+ in all directions and i'm spewing

like ya frozen food idea, i'm usually just a couple night camper and don't mind whacking a bbq plate over the coals or the camp oven  for a all in the pot jobby. just take out a chook or corned beef for lunches in a sanga and my famous potato salad [that's the good stuff]
but for extended stays that's a good idea to break it up a bit.
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 6:01 pm

Hi Jase.Sure can not beat the camp oven.Its just the snags and meat day after day on an extended stay get a bit much.Temps at the moment are a bit extreme but hopefully towards the end of the month it should be better.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 4:51 pm

we have done that Phil, did the 7 day run with kas out quinns 2 musters back. easy peasy cooking and a great result every time. I do like the camp oven but, did a great pizza last season in it. yumm. I think i got the idea for the frozen meals off you and john when we were there with the two other Phils prior to the muster. anyway hows things going for you two. hope you and John are well and had a good season last year buddy, do you still see him much?. we did a pilbara 3 month trip and many other smaller ones all over the place. did over 60000 km lol. ended up covering the seasons cost and put a few dollars in the bank for xmas etc so all in all a good one. cant wait for the cooler stuff to arrive.
cya out there
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 2:46 am

Gday Jase and crew.
Ahh Jase,  I can still close my eyes and taste that famous creamy bacon potato salad mate,  and that bacon and eggs feast you cooked up after a massive night out at Pinyalling that time :)

Hope you get a chance to head out soon mate,  we're off for a week in 13 days,  been a few months for us too so we're bloody hanging for it.

Pete

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 6:41 am

[quote="CrazyPete"]Gday Jase and crew.
Ahh Jase,  I can still close my eyes and taste that famous creamy bacon potato salad mate,  and that bacon and eggs feast you cooked up after a massive night out at Pinyalling that time :)

yeah mate, i haven't forgot that trip that big bottle of rum didn't last long enough hahaha.

all the best with the week trip mate, i'm sure you will have the sdc singing in no time

Loris and i have made the decision to move on this year mate, we are going to bite the bullet and sell up  [although house prices are crap atm] but we will take the hit and head out towards the gold fields [kal area most likely]
i planted the idea a few years back and now she has had enough and is on board, will see when and where we end up but main goal is for me not to be laying bricks on which Loris is pushing for and hopefully get more time to swing a coil in the bush. and if we fall on our face's well we always can go back to doing what we are now
have a good one bud.... kwdf
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:30 pm

good move Jase, we moved to the country 2 yrs ago and its the best thing we ever did. i do part time work during summer installing A/C but only for a few months and I remember to take lots of time out for fishing and relaxing, the rest of the year is prospecting as the weather permits. great life and you always seem to get by.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 3:20 am

Great to hear of your move Jase,  you'd be well and truly over throwing rocks up by now I suppose mate.
Just don't move any further east than Hannan street,  you might be classed as a Victorian then lol! lol! lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum