MUSTER 2017

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MUSTER 2017

Post by martinjsto on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 9:47 am

hi all,
time to start considering where everyone would like the muster this season. it has been suggested to have it in the Eastern goldfields somewhere.
to get the ball rolling:
Menzies, Leonora, Leinster, Murrin Murrin, Redcastle, Laverton, Duketon, Yerilla, Barwidgee,  Kookynie, Coolgardie

please post any other suggestions and i will start a poll, highest votes wins.
look at areas where there is possible access for larger vehicles as some travellers have motorhomes Etc. also it would probably be better for each individual to arrange their own 40E's for any live ground they want to prospect around the location once decided.
cheers all, comments welcome

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: MUSTER 2017

Post by BIG GEM on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm

Hi Martin, have you any dates.

Cheers

Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 6:31 pm

I will put up a poll for that also Bob and Joan, thinking around the same time as the last few, early august but open to suggestions.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 8:15 pm

Thanks Martin. Sadly we won't be able to attend the muster this year as we are off to UK for a 6 week trip from early August. We hope it goes well and you all have lots of fun and find gold.

Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 6:19 am

Were in.. Leonora .leinster. Laverton way OR Nullagine!!!! Very Happy
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 3:51 pm

i wouldnt mind hitting nullagine also warren so it will make the poll, there will be 10 options available so the one with the most votes is it...

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

We'd like to get there but timing is everything because we have no idea where we'll be. We are due to head off just after Easter. Our plan is to pick up a few ounces in the Pilbara before heading east to the top of Cape York about the end of June. We're going to give the Batavia goldfields a go.

From there we'll be heading towards home. Which way? Well that's anybodies guess right now. I think Nullagine sounds like a great option. Right now we're busy looking at 40e options.

Just before Christmas we wrote to a mining company asking for access to a mining lease at Murrin Murrin. They knocked us back on that particular lease but happily gave us written permission to detect on a half a dozen nearby mining and prospecting leases.

We only found a few specs but it was way too hot at that time of the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 26 Mar 2017, 4:50 pm

The poll for this years muster is now activated. Be advised now, we aren't chasing ground for the muster this year and anyone who attends will need to organize their 40E's for the chosen area or access pending ground.
If anyone knows of an area we can access without having to jump thru hoops, then please let us know.
As we are not chasing ground, there will be no limit on numbers attending this year.
An offer has been made to us to camp on a lease in Karratha but no Detecting on the lease.
The timing of the Muster will be the same, it's the first week of August which gives ample time for people to organize their time.

Cheers

PS. ignore the last option in the Poll, Hopefully I won't be home Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:16 pm

Well the voting for the 2017 Muster is finished and the Laverton area wins for this year. we are currently discussing 2 areas and we'll let you know in a few days.
Depending on the area, you will need to apply for a 40E or ask the company for permission but, we'll let you know.
we would also like to know who will be attending so we can scope out a suitable camping spot.
Hopefully I will be in the Lavo caravan park sometime on Saturday 29 July to check out tracks.
Hope to see some familiar faces again and some new ones.
The "Official Muster" is from Monday 31 July to Sunday 6 August.

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyrock on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

count us in please Cliff.
cheers Phil & Gail

flyrock

Back to top Go down

Post by toad on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 5:25 pm

Interested once the areas are advised.
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:16 pm

we will be there for sure cliff,
Karen and Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:09 pm

ok i have been checking out areas around hawks Nest laverton for the muster camp location. i have found some big old scrapes currently on VCL that would be suitable to camp on. The PLH is Laverton Downs and the scrapes are east of E 38/3127. good ground all round and plenty of pending or E;s to do 40E;s on. let me know what you all think. Focus minerals also have heaps of leases nearby.
Cheers all

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:33 pm

nice and easy for access too

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 7:58 pm

Looks good Martin and I think there is also E38/3209 which is close also. Big area and couple of 40E's will be the go.

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 8:00 pm

Forgot to ask and I haven't really had a good look, are those scrapes down the Old Laverton road and about how far out of town is the turn off.

cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrubby on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 3:15 pm

I just sent my Drone over for a look and I was lucky to get it back, it just made it with only 4% of battery power left, anyway the Scrape is 240 meters Northish from the Old Laverton road and the turn-off in is 12.74 Kilometers to the Roundabout in the center of Laverton.
Hope this helps Cliff, Just yell out if you require any other assistance. LOL Very Happy

Scrubby

Scrubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 5:42 pm

Thanks Scrubby, saves me looking hahahaha

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Sat 24 Jun 2017, 11:25 am

Time for anyone concidering coming to the muster to get your 40E's in for any areas your keen on.
Also a good time to do a list of those coming.
So far i have

Martin and Karen. (Martinjsto)
Phil and Gail. (Flyrock)
Cliff (bignuggs)
Scrubby and 2 mates
Please let me know if your a definite and i will add you
Cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sat 24 Jun 2017, 1:05 pm

Sandra is coming to Perth next week for some medical. If they give her the all clear to go we'll be there. If not we'll most likely head north about then looking for warmer weather. We'll still have time for the 40e up till the end of the month. I'm in Perth looking after my son's workshop until 16th so we're not going anywhere fast.

I think we'll be able to give you an answer next week end.

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 6:45 pm

Cheers phil. Be good to see you both but understand Sandra's health is more important.

I spoke to the PLH of Mt Weld station a few days ago. Advised him of our muster dates and that we will have a few camping out near hawks nest. He was very polite and welcomed us just wanted to know if everyone was APLA members and if we were getting 40E's as they have doggers around that time so if he knew generally where people will be he would ensure the doggers kept clear. I will let eveyone know his contact details soon so they can have a chat to him personally.
Cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm

Thanks for the update Martin. If we can have the contact details it would be great.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying, lets keep the PLH's happy and that we do the right thing while camping.
cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:36 pm

Sorry guys we made the decision today that we're not going to attend the muster  Sad  Sandra has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of rheumatoid arthritis so it's in our best interest to head north to the warm weather as soon as we can. She has another appointment on 20th July so we'll take off after that if possible heading for the Pilbara l;wfh

If I wasn't in so much of a rush to hit the road I'd stick around and compete in the WA Squash Masters on 21st to 23rd July.

Last edited by Moneybox on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add the little black fellow.)

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 11:11 am

if you all take a look at this site and scroll down all the PLH stations contact numbers for the area are listed. please everyone call them and give them the heads up on where you will be. I found them respectfull and happy to allow us on to camp ETC but as they apparently had doggers around the area they wanted a call.
cheers

http://goldfieldstourism.com.au/Portals/0/July%202011%20Laverton%20-%20Sturt%20Pea%201-.pdf

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm

some of the numbers on that link are not connected so for all other stations around Laverton i.e. Minara, Glenhorn, Laverton Downs,  apart from Mt Weld phone Phil on 0477489676, he has some agreements he will email me. we are not camping on his pastoral leases but I will get the info if anyone intends to travel further out and may need it. we are having the muster on Mt weld pastoral lease. his name is Patric Hill he is the manager I believe and you can call him on 0419925371.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum