GPX 4000 on salt

Go down

GPX 4000 on salt

Post by farm boy on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:21 pm

Hi there.
I searched the forum without too much success. I was just wondering the best settings to work with a gp 4000 on salt? I might be getting a anti interference coil but not sure if its needed?

Id appreciate any help or advice
Cheers FB

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Re: GPX 4000 on salt

Post by NuggieDreamer on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 8:59 pm

An AI (or Salt) Coil would be a good start, wouldn't it?
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 9:19 pm

Just doing some research on whether anti interference coils are actually necessary with the gpx 4000 and higher. Some people say that a normal DD coil in cancel is good...although some say an anti interference coil in dd mode is better again

Im just waying up whether it is worth gettint the salt coil. ..particularly when i dont really have the money at present! Cheers FB

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 6:40 am

Why not try the salt mode with a standard DD coil first, then try the normal DD coil in cancel mode.

Try these first and if not happy then lash out and get the anti interference coil, at least you wont be wondering if these other settings and DD coil will or wont work

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 3:09 pm

G'Day Farmboy, Try using the Commander 11 inch DD coil with 4000 in DD setting, it worked for me when I had the GP 3000 few years back, did'nt find any gold on the dry salt lake only junk but the 3000 was super quiet.

Cheers
Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 7:01 pm

Thanks guys think i will just take a normal dd and try cancel and salt modes. I guess the standard minelab round white dd coil would do the job cheers FB

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum