tibooburra common

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tibooburra common

Post by jardie on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 5:40 pm

just heard the bad news apparently the common commitee have now voted to charge 15 dollars per day per detector to fossick on the common. i think it will affect the shop folks in town badly as alot of their income come from people enjoying this great social hobby. i hope the people in tibooburra have a good think about this and ammend this crazy plan.my plans for this season have now changed . the dollars i usualy spend there will go in another towns pocket jardie

jardie

Back to top Go down

Re: tibooburra common

Post by martinjsto on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 3:17 pm

seems a common theme happening in the goldfields. there are also some PLH are asking for camping fees and for a signed agreement all of which isnt legal. we all want to do the right thing but within our rights.
i agree with you Jardie, the towns are the ones that will suffer loosing thousands of tourist dollars for a few quid in camping fees and I too will avoid those areas as there are plenty of ground to find gold on.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jardie on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm

martinjsto thanks for your reply.the comment was put up so people would be aware of the situation and could plan their trip around it .i hope a bit of common sense prevails and the good folks here can enjoy the hobbie as best they can.good luck jardie

jardie

Back to top Go down

Post by thedigger on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:11 pm

Well we will not be going now,so just look around Vic.

thedigger

Back to top Go down

Post by jardie on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:24 pm

the digger sorry to hear that mate. just keep up with whats happening up in tibooburra hopefully things may change .its going to get cold down south so will head north soon .planning trip to west again for next may. jardie.

jardie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum