vein material

View previous topic View next topic Go down

vein material

Post by mada on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 6:08 pm

Hi guys does anyone know how much vien material is required for assay's/chemical analysis. And should I take it from many different locations??

mada

Back to top Go down

Re: vein material

Post by pilko on Sun 07 May 2017, 10:25 pm

depends on what you are trying to achieve??? Is it 'first pass' sampling looking for a sniff? or do think you have a structure/reef that is carrying?? If you want to get rock chips fire assayed then 50g is all you need...cost you about 15 bucks a sample. Keep in mind you can have a reef that's 10m long and it's only carrying for a cm or so. If you take samples from a few different spots on the reef and get it assayed (a composite sample)....and you get a hit.....where did it come from???
My advice for what it's worth....learn how to dolly and learn how to run a dish AND do an on the spot assay. You won't be accurate to start but for 150 bucks worth of gear you will work out IF it's carrying and perhaps narrow it down somewhat. More importantly...you actually be prospecting. Once you have done the work yourself THEN get some assay's to back up your field work.
I assume you own the lease or it's VCL...otherwise your wasting your time. Hope that helps

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by mada on Mon 08 May 2017, 9:42 pm

Hi Tony to cut a long story short. I was swinging a 7000 on very noisy ground then the machine went berzerk. I knew it was not a target so I thought I need to know what it was. So, I started digging got through the first 6 inches of dirt and clay. Then I hit what appeared to be soft'ish calcrete but what followed was a network of veins approximately 2-5mm wide running in all directions the outer case was rock hard and sparked everytime I hit it with a pick, the vein material is soft like powder. It was blood red in colour and highly charged. Spoke with a Geo and said now that you found it may as well have it assyaed. I tried panning it but he said chances are you won't see the minerals in it. So I grabbed about 2 kg worth of samples and will go through the process of having it assayed. More so to find out what it is. Just more out of curiosity I guess, if it proves to be nothing so be it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Plus it helps with the learning process as I am doing it solo.
Again thanks for you advise. Might need to book a day or two with you, I have heard nothing but good about your show.
Regards
Rob

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Tue 09 May 2017, 5:58 am

That's very kind Rob...much appreciated.
I agree with you mate....everything we do..we learn and so any time you take or money you spend is good. I would disagree with your geo mate. We are working on the theory (hope) that gold set off your 7 right? A fire assay will detect microscopic amounts of gold but that's not going to set off your detector...if you want to learn....take a sample...weigh it and write it down.....dolly it....then pan it. Go and buy Dr Bob Fagans book 'Loaming in the 21st Centuary"...read it 20 times and then work out what grade your sample is running at. The other thing is...are you sure it's a structure??...why not just a 'floater'?? Is there gold in the sample or is there something underneath the structure??? Prospecting is about doing the work and exploring the options...don't assume. The other thing is...can you get control of the ground?? If not..apart from learning....your wasting your time. Lisa and I never work on other peoples ground...life is too short and we want to be able to work the dirt if we find something good. Happy to help anytime.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by mada on Tue 09 May 2017, 6:25 am

Hi Tony thanks again, wise words. Yes I guess we are all hoping that the gold set of the detector lol. One thing I have learnt in my time as you say dont assume anything, been caught out too many times. I have that book and a read it a couple of times I will revisit it again. No not convinced its a structure and still unsure if its floating or a structure below, more work to do I guess. Yes the land is available and where few souls have ventured before, (that could be a bad thing also) Thanks again for the heads up.

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum