Don't blame me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't blame me.

Post by Young Simmo on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 8:50 pm

Wow this is one quiet forum so I'll try and get a little spark into it. On Saturday I bought my West Australian newspaper and got a free spinner, YEHAAA. So I set about giving it a go like a big kid and have had a few different times. My best is 1 minute and 43 seconds, and I have had a couple of 1 minute 37 seconds. Go on grab your kids spinner and try and beat that, and it is all based on honesty. Mmm, not sure if that fits prospectors. lol!
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't blame me.

Post by Moneybox on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 10:53 pm

I saw an old guy (about my age) sitting at the train station in Perth waiting to board the Australind. He was spinning this thing around and around. I thought he must have had some piece of mechanical spare part in his pocket and was just fiddling with it then I turned up at my Grandson's place on Sunday night and he had three of these things. Of course just to please the kid I had to have a go Laughing

I have no claims to fame though as he could balance it on one finger and all sorts of tricks while mine tended to bounce off the floor a few too many times Very Happy

By the way, I found out I can ride from Perth to Bunbury on the train for about $16. That's not a bad deal Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 8:15 am

This forum doesn't get heaps of action does it, here's some gold I just found while I was sick from work on Tuesday, I just went down the road to test my new 11" coil... I love it. First target gold, 4 grams in 4 hours and back home for lunch

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 8:19 am

Back to top Go down

Post by mada on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 12:22 pm

Nice work Shane, not bad for a sicky Very Happy , wish I could do it full time.

Kind of don't mind it doesn't get a heap off traffic, just means we dont get hammered by hot heads on meth and young punks that know everything. There is enough of it on facebook.

I find it refreshing

Last edited by mada on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by mada on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 12:23 pm

As for spinners got about 40,000 in the warehouse lol.

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 7:53 pm

shane-o wrote:This forum doesn't get heaps of action does it, here's some gold I just found while I was sick from work on Tuesday, I just went down the road to test my new 11" coil... I love it. First target gold, 4 grams in 4 hours and back home for lunch

I see you are in Perth shane-o. You just popped down the road to find 4g ?
The last time I popped down the road for a bit of gold it was a very long road and I couldn't get home for lunch Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 8:02 pm

shane-o wrote:This forum doesn't get heaps of action does it, here's some gold I just found while I was sick from work on Tuesday, I just went down the road to test my new 11" coil... I love it. First target gold, 4 grams in 4 hours and back home for lunch

It makes me wonder where they've all gone. Take a look at the birthdays for today and tomorrow (down the bottom). I don't recognise any one of those and I've been on here for a few years. Perhaps they've all grown old and fallen off the perch affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 8:35 pm

Moneybox wrote:

It makes me wonder where they've all gone. Take a look at the birthdays for today and tomorrow (down the bottom). I don't recognise any one of those and I've been on here for a few years. Perhaps they've all grown old and fallen off the perch affraid
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Actually Moneybox, I think the reason is fairly obvious and I am a relative newby in here. People want a bit of fun and entertainment and this site is smothered in highly technical / legal stuff for a passtime that used to be an entertaing hobbie. If I am wrong, please somebody tell me where I am wrong, I can take it. affraid
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 1:15 am

The forum was dominated by a few very active members who posted almost daily. All good guys full of interesting information but in the end apparently a difference of opinion. For whatever reason or reasons the online friendship blew up and disintegrated leaving the forum without any strong leadership. Somebody needs to step up, meet new members, add a bit of their own and crank it up again. It won't be me, I'm not the type to make friends and influence people Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 1:48 am

These Fidget Spinners are dangerous little buggers and now I understand why lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 1:59 am

Young Simmo wrote:So I set about giving it a go like a big kid and have had a few different times. My best is 1 minute and 43 seconds, and I have had a couple of 1 minute 37 seconds. Go on grab your kids spinner and try and beat that, and it is all based on honesty. Mmm, not sure if that fits prospectors. lol!

Mmmmm...........

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:24 am

Times change and so do people but here's a bit of technical advice for ya's  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 3:34 pm

i agree fella's thing's have been quite here for a while now.
nice piece Shane, good to see the local still producing. that spot caused a bit of a stir on here a couple years ago hahaha.
there's gold in them hill's !!!.
i don't think there's a lot in the quiteness [hmmm probably not a word but i'm running with it] of the forum.
just people going about there business and not spreading the word so to speak.
i've personally got out for a couple weekend trips so far this year, Coolgardie was no good to me again [3 trips for nothing over the years] and a trip up the Murchison which i had a blast with a mate.
i'm hoping my next trip will be out lavo way for the muster, i betta sort out some 40E's in case i do have the time to make it. although i've just had word my work is picking up again for the next couple month's so like always i'm mister unreliable with prospecting trip's.
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Thu 06 Jul 2017, 5:41 pm

Hi Jase.Good to see you getting a few trips in.I have just got back from a couple of weeks in the back blocks and enjoyed every day of it.
I think also that a contributing factor to the forum being quiet is that a lot of the members are probably away prospecting.
Are you still laying them golden bricks and thinking of the big move to Kal?

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer on Thu 06 Jul 2017, 8:07 pm

g'day Phil
yeah got a couple weekend trips in mate but it's never enough, still haven't had the chance to do a 2 week or longer stint but i think that would be right up me alley. sounds like you had another good expedition, everyday out bush is a good day mate.
brick's !!! next question, got the work but no money in it. walked away on Monday let me employees finish up the job because i've made less then dole money in the last month or so. the industry is so quite i'm building mansions for peanuts just to give me workers something to live on.
i'm going to stand down from it for a week or 2 and access me option's
the big move talk had gone cold until my latest dummy spit, we do have some thing's against us rushing off anywhere but my mind set ATM say's let's go like right now, but the other half is a stumbling block at times. typical woman 1 week it's a go next you get all the what if's
she might get left behind, i hear there's a few girls in kal that look after a lonely fella for a hour or 2 lol!
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Thu 06 Jul 2017, 9:30 pm

We've retired, closed the workshop for good but with a bit of luck we could live on for a while yet so you can't do it without some sort of income. I know some try to make a living from random gold finds but they are not rolling it in. If you have to rely on finding gold to survive then its just another job.
We have a littt bit of backup income, its not much but it means if we don't find gold we dont starve but we can't spend either.

However I'm not going back to work. I'll be old enough for a bit of pension in a few years and that's going have to be enough. Unless you have a productive lease I think anybody would work hard to make a living.

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 9:00 am

Sorry to hear about the work situation Jase,I hope it all works out well for you.
Uprooting and shifting is definitely a big thing and needs a lot of thought.

cheers

Phil
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o on Fri 07 Jul 2017, 10:12 am

I pitched a move to the goldfields to the other half as well, didn't go too well, I'm off again for 3 weeks shortly anyway, next year I'll get in 6-8 months I reckon then I'll look at options from there. She's coming around slowly, she's never detected so I might bury a few nuggets in a hole and direct her that way. Then she will be hooked too I hope!

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 6:55 am

Hey Young Simmo....prospecting is still fun mate....all the rules and regs are just part of it. These day's with so many out there and so many probs brewing you can't avoid it. I go on about some aspects of it because I live and breath prospecting and you can't ignore it. At the same time I don't want to come across as a pain in the ar*e either!!

pilko

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum