Who uses a quad bike for prospecting??

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who uses a quad bike for prospecting??

Post by rusty gates on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone

I'm giving serious thought to adding a quad bike to my list of prospecting tools, and was wondering who on here is using one?

If you use one, what make/model/size etc is yours and why did you buy the one you've got?

With a budget of up to $2500, the options I have are either a second hand Japanese model or a new Chinese model, so I'm looking for any comments/recommendations please.

Thanks in advance.

regards
Rusty...

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Re: Who uses a quad bike for prospecting??

Post by rusty gates on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 2:49 pm

When I click on the links, all I get is a black screen with a 1x1 white pixel in the centre...which is weird.

How does it look to everyone else??

Rusty...

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Post by au-fever on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 2:50 am

Hi Rusty

Initially as my first quad I bought a second hand Honda and not knowing a lot about them found later on that it had some mechanical issues that although were not serious at the time could have later made it unreliable in the bush, that's exactly what you don't want, you have to take care buying second hand quads as many have been worked hard or flogged to death racing about the bush, and are often sold as they have issues.

After consideration I decided new is the way to go whether its a new jap machine or chinese one, the later chinese quads are better quality now than what they were even 5 years ago and for around the $2500 mark you can get something like a farm type quad with carry racks and things that providing you ride it with care and keep up the maintenance on it you should get a good run out of it, also get your self a tyre plugging kit and a small 12v compressor that you can carry on it to fix tyres on the go.

au-fever

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty gates on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:40 pm

Thanks au-fever

If I do get a quad, I'm leaning towards a good secondhand Japanese model. I'm prepared to look at a new Chinese one but I haven't had the time to go to Perth to look at them 'in the flesh'.

My mate who has the lease next to mine has a 250cc Honda farm quad and we used it alot on our last trip, especially as we camped at the bottom of his lease and it was too far for me to walk to mine...so I used my Navara to get around, but a quad would have been very handy.

regards
Rusty...

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum