School of the Air being axed in WA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

School of the Air being axed in WA.

Post by Nightjar on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 3:16 pm

WA government is about to axe the School of the Air Program.

School of the air had its beginning back in 1948 and migrated to most states.
You can read about it here;
http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/australian-story/school-of-the-air

We urge you to sign the petition below and save our outback kids, if this is allowed in WA you can guarantee it will spread across the country.

http://www.outbackwa.org.au/saveWASchoolsoftheAir?utm_campaign=savesota_blast&utm_medium=email&utm_source=modernoutback

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Re: School of the Air being axed in WA.

Post by BIG GEM on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:40 pm

thank you Peter for putting the link up. Have sent our response. Let hope they reverse their decision. Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by FirefinchKidd on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:55 pm

Yep thanks,I just joined the protest. FFK
FirefinchKidd

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 7:29 pm

Its just the start of cuts now they hitting school bus runs in the wheat belt Sad

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 7:14 am

Thanks Peter for bringing this to our attention. I was away in Qld for the last week and a half and missed the news announcement of this move.

I think that this issue is just too important to let slide and I would encourage forum members to click on the link above and register their objection.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 3:19 pm

All members should consider copying and pasting the link in an email to all your family and friends.
This decision must be reversed.

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 4:08 pm

Yes thankyou Nightjar..... The rural say in politics has long been in decline... 23 years ago there were 12 familys employed by the Ag dept in Meekatharra.... with some 1 million sheep,. Now there is nothing.... not a fkin thing.
Whats next..... there is FA left but education and obviously after that.... for what.... saving a pittance and putting it into the Pollie retirement fund... Makes me sick .... I am ashamed of the people that supposedly represent us.... They are only interested in themselves and their own children... pffffft
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 1:13 pm

Meanwhile, while this goverment that say's its got no money, it's broke, it must cut costs, promised us jobs, State debt reduction etc,etc ad bloody nauseum, it did this:-

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/final-decision-without-appeal-iconic-wa-mountain-range-spared-from-mining-20171221-h08j8x.html

I received all the data from Min Res on this mine. It would have provided 425 full time jobs at the mine and 84 stevedore jobs in the ports, 1 billion dollars in royalties and several million in infrastructure in Southern Cross. APLA made a lengthy submission to all Cabinet Ministers and the Premier. And what do they do?

SHUT THE MINE DOWN four days before Christmas. Lousy bastards! What a Christmas present that was! But it gets worse!

Closing the SOTA isn't all of it. These "representatives" of ours made sure that a foreshore development was given 20 million dollars from THIS GOVERNMENT as a "regional area development". Mind you it was VERY REGIONAL,,,,,,it was in bloody Mandurah!! Yes, Mandurah is a regional area but remote stations, Southern Cross and Laverton aren't. But wait, there's even more! Our beloved Minister for Regional Development, the Right Honourable Alannah MadTiernan, suggests the government cannot afford a new Laverton hospital and that the local mining industry should pay for it! The local mines have their own hospitals and FIFOs aircraft for serious cases and emergencies.

All this just to give the Perth based Chardonnay plant-lovers a warm nappy feeling about a banded ironstone range that not one of 'em could even find amongst the thousands of other ranges that you & I know are still out there - but there's no bus service Rolling Eyes It's now gonna be a National Park or "A" Class Reserve - no prospecting. But ya can sit and watch the iron ranges go rusty and talk to a plant.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 3:36 pm

Well said Wedgetail.

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by linlara on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 5:42 am

All children of school age must be enrolled in school and attend every day THIS IS THE LAW The government is therefore denying remote parents the ability to comply with the law unless they can fly or drive their children to school What next are parents going to be fined for non compliance.AGHA thats it MORE REVENUE

linlara

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 9:08 am

Oh the irony! The absolute hypocrisy of this! I hope the irony is not lost on those SOTA complainants.

Here's the link to those that at leading edge of this campaign:

http://www.outbackwa.org.au/saveWASchoolsoftheAir?utm_campaign=savesota_blast&utm_medium=email&utm_source=modernoutback

And here's the link to those that FUND that organisation! These are the same people that shut the bloody mine down!! And now they are complaining about "no funds from the govt fir SOTA". Give me a break will ya! WTH do they think the money comes from?

http://www.outbackwa.org.au/

"The Pew Foundation" and all the green activists have just shot themselves in the foot!

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum