A cuppa with Tony & Lisa

Go down

A cuppa with Tony & Lisa

Post by rusty gates on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm

Hi everyone

I've just come back from 9 days up on the lease and while I was there, I caught up for a cuppa and a chat with Tony and Lisa from Goldtalk in Leonora....it was great to put faces to names.

Got a close look at 'Blue Balls', too.....even though it wasn't running, it certainly is an impressive piece of gear.

Being a complete newbie to gold prospecting, I'm very grateful to both of you for the tips you gave me.

Thanks again for your hospitality and I'm looking forward to another cuppa and a piece of cake on my next trip!

regards
Rusty...

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Re: A cuppa with Tony & Lisa

Post by pilko on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:58 am

you are both welcome here any time the gate is open....you bring the cake...we'll supply the coffee!!

Did you find that patch I told you about???

cheers

Tony

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty gates on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 9:08 am

Hi Tony

Yes, we found the blue quartz outcrop and the patch where the track went away from the fence, but sadly we didn't find any gold.

I will be having another look around that patch on my next trip, though.

regards
Rusty...

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:14 am

hmmmmm..surprised..try right next to the track next...there will be metal hiding there somewhere.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty gates on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:23 am

Ok, will do.

I'm not giving up on the area yet!!

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:30 pm

Tony!! Ya didn't send ANOTHER ONE out to "the old blue quartz patch" did ya?!! We both know that there's been no gold on that patch for the last 15 years!! Rolling Eyes    l;wfh   lwkgthgt

You're evil for sending people out there and right under the nose of "you know who" as well!

BAWAAHHHAHH! clown

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 2:33 pm

nice one Les

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 11:46 pm

Mmmmm?.....a very interesting conversation

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 7:52 am

Reminds me of an experience back in the early 80's out Quinns way.
A Geo pulled up and in a friendly way explained that they didn't want prospectors on their leases. He pointed in the distance to a hill and said I would have a great chance of digging some gold there.
Thanked him and I drove off towards the hill, pulling in under a shady tree to take a look at maps and info for the area.
The old mine on the distant hill was a low grade silver mine abandoned in the early 1900's due to poor grade.
NO gold!
Lesson learned I drove on....

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."

Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 3:19 pm

Hi Peter, Les was joking mate....I would never waste time sending someone on a goose chase...easier to tell them to bugger off in the begining

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 8:16 pm

Yep, I was being my usual bizarre, sarcastic self as Tony well knows.

Like Peter, I have a story too. Way back in the early 80s and I was really green prospector, my mate & I met up with an old character in Leonora. He told us about "good gold" under the town pig pen in the old town of Burtville, south of Laverton. The old pig pen was just alongside the remains of the old Burtville pub and easily recognisable. Us pair of fools detected it all day and we did get something - the world's biggest collection of fence staples, nails and bottle top ever found in a single location.

We never found the old guy again. Which is fortunate as I believe you can be jailed for murder!

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum