impact crushers

Go down

impact crushers

Post by pilko on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 6:41 pm

Dose anyone have any experience running an impact crusher wet??

pilko

Back to top Go down

Re: impact crushers

Post by Nightjar on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 6:43 am

Tony, Only 31 years with rod mills, not a lot of difference to ball mills like your scaled down version. What advice do you need?

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 7:08 pm

G'day Peter, I have a medium size impact mill which will crush down to -5mm...at this stage it has always been run dry
and the plan is to 'add water' between the impact crusher and the ball mill....which will run wet.
Just wondering if people have run one wet before....is it design sensitive??? I guess the material running will always have an effect on if things bog down or not as well. Easy thing is to shove a hose in the top and see what happens but I prefer to get peoples opinions where possible.

cheers
Tony

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 8:00 pm

Are you talking about a swing jaw or rotary crusher?

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 8:23 pm

I had a little rotary chain crusher and all ways had it running dry, one day I put the hose in the top and see how it went. Two things I liked about the water was no dust and second the noise was suppressed a fair bit. The bad side was I did not keep the water contained to reuse and could of lost a lot of flour gold as my brother showed me, you don't see that stuff to well with all the frothy coming out the crusher, but learnt my lesson

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum