Bead Breaker

Go down

Bead Breaker

Post by Flouro on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 4:43 pm

Hi All,

Got sick of busting a gut breakin me tyre beads so built me own with 40mm sq tubing with 3mm wall thickness, it comes in three pieces

One gets bolted to the cruisers roll cage on the tray, the arm goes on next and then the bead breaking bit last which has a curved bit of flat bar on the end

For the caravan tyres which are smaller i just chock the wheel up a bit higher with whatever and so long as the metal part of the tyre(rim) is resting on the upright of the cruisers roll cage which is just behind the cab all's okey dorie

I made one for home but couldn't fit it in (too big) so came up with this wangdoosie which unbolts and fits into my large metal toolbox(carryall)

Last year we had 3 flat tyres the last one was on the road into Binningup(3km) from the hwy and no spare to replace it on the car but it went right outside the daughters place which is on the road in and had to get a lift to go and get another spare from home

So i've included a couple of photo's , providing i can get them up for all to see

Cheers, Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Re: Bead Breaker

Post by Flouro on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 4:51 pm

Hi All,

Photo's[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 5:37 pm

Brilliant idea. Years ago dad had similar setup on a post in his shed and tyre laid on floor. You should market this, would sell well i would think.

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 9:28 am

Hi traveller gold,

Not interested in marketing it just put it up for members in case they have the same probs and could use a similar setup on their own vehicle

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum