A SAD NOTE FROM A MATE JUST BACK FROM WA

Go down

A SAD NOTE FROM A MATE JUST BACK FROM WA

Post by araratgold on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 7:10 am

I just received this from a mate I trained in prospecting many years ago, who drove from Darwin to WA for a prospecting trip. He was 130km north of Meekatharra. A heads up for all !

All I can say is that this would have to be one of the lowest scumbag acts I have heard of in a long time :

" my trip was a disaster from the get go, everything went wrong. What topped it off was coming back to camp to have 4 slashed Tyres and most of my gear stolen including my new Honda generator spare detector all my chargers etc,The cops are not holding there breath on finding anything, I was in the Meekatharra area.
I’d been planning this trip for 18 months, spend all my savings on equipment and fuel. All I come home with was 14grams and a very unhappy wife, I found more gold in weight with you when you showed me how to use a detector in 3 days then in 3 months in WA. "

Luckily my mate had a satphone in his backpack, or this could have been life threatening, as he was well out of mobile range ! As it was, it cost him a small fortune to get towed in from out there. He stated that there were two sets of tyre tracks, and 4 lots of footprints, so 2 vehicles and 4 blokes.

Rick

Last edited by araratgold on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
araratgold

Back to top Go down

scumbags

Post by homer08 on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 9:37 am

pm sent araratgold

homer08

Back to top Go down

Re: A SAD NOTE FROM A MATE JUST BACK FROM WA

Post by araratgold on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 11:36 am

Many thanks for the info, homer08, I have passed it on. Let's hope they catch these lowlifes !

Rick
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatlander on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 7:22 am

I will let a mate know i he lives in meek i,ll ask him to keep a eyes and ear out for u and mate, thats why i ow a big thanks for the people of this forum (2018muster) letting me hang with them,it just made it a bit safer as i don't come from that area FLATLANDER

Flatlander

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 5:11 pm

Hi Rick, very sad and evil thing to do, they could have ended up dead. we have posted your message, shortened verson with important details, on Facebook to make people aware and also if they hear of any prospecting gear going cheap they will let us know. Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold on Mon 03 Sep 2018, 7:55 am

Thanks all,

Have received some very good info that has been passed on to the police.

They advised that they have several incidents similar to my mates north of Meeka that they are working on, so hopefully these lowlifes will get what's coming !

Cheers,
Rick
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 03 Sep 2018, 3:25 pm

That's a true mongrel act from lowlife scum. It shows the importance of not being out there on your own.
Sincerely hope they catch the bastards.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 6:01 am

This is very disturbing. They pretty much left ol mate in the bush to die.

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 8:33 am

amounts to man slaughter if someone dies from this scumbags. your vehicle is your life like a horse use to be in the old west. same rules apply in my opinion. steal a mans horse and you got shot, no ifs or buts, same nowadays with your vehicle. if i ever see someone messing with my gear out bush then only one will walk away and that will be ME.
lowlifes who steal oxygen

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 12:36 am

I'm not sure if any one is also on the APLA facebook page but, there is a new report of lease raiders. I don't care where these people come from, but if they there are illegally, report it.
If we don't stop this now, it could mean the end to our game.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum