back out swinging

Go down

back out swinging

Post by leinsterlad on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 5:59 pm

HI al
,after 6 years without getting out amongst the lovely red dirt ,iam about to do a 9 day trip wegr  .we are heading to sandstone to start then hopefully to an old area I found good gold 6 years ago out past leinster/leonora .ill be dropping in to both sandstone ,leinster and Leonora and hope to meet a few of you and have a good chin wag .can anyone tell me how busy the caravan parks are
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

Re: back out swinging

Post by Bignuggs on Mon 17 Sep 2018, 7:25 pm

Good question about the caravan parks. I guess the Leo park would be full as they have just had their AGM.
I hoping to get up that way myself next month, finally might get a trip in for this year haha
Anyway best of luck with the gold hunting LL and hope people can tell us about the van parks. I'd also like to hear about the Lavo park.

Cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:21 am

Bignuggs wrote:Good question about the caravan parks. I guess the Leo park would be full as they have just had their AGM.
I hoping to get up that way myself next month, finally might get a trip in for this year haha
Anyway best of luck with the gold hunting LL and hope people can tell us about the van parks. I'd also like to hear about the Lavo park.

Cheers
Cliff and others,
We stayed in the Lavo park at the beginning of June, it was only half full. But it is a bit run down in our opinion, and half the amenties were closed ( out of order signs ), which was a pain in the ar*e if everyone wanted a sh#t at the same time !
I didn't like their attitude towards travellers either, especially since we had stayed in the park. We asked, when we return to town in 3 weeks for resupply if we could fill our water drums. $4 for 2x 20 litre jerrys is what they wanted ! We needed 350 litres ! Told them that town water was less than $5 for a 1000 litres, but they didn't care ! Ended up using the tap at toilet block behind the info center. Fairly low water pressure so it was taking us about 40 minutes, and you had to hold the spring loaded tap on the whole time !
We bypassed the Lavo park on the way home from Erlistoun, and went straight to Menzies, which is a very neat and tidy park with good amenities, cheaper price, and included wifi !
Cheers,
Rick
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:21 pm

Thanks for the info Rick. Think I'll be giving the Lavo park a big miss.
I've never bothered staying at the Menzies van park, what were they charging per night.
Cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:43 pm

Menzies was $30, paid at the council info centre on the corner, and Lavo was $35.
The Menzies park was very clean and tidy, and the pub does a reasonable meal, although the young waitress there had a shite attitude towards customers !
Cheers,
Rick
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:48 pm

I'll have to call them to see if they allow dogs or small horses haha

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar on Wed 19 Sep 2018, 8:40 am

Get the info from the horses mouth Cliff, Leinsterlad!
Caravan parks:
Leinster: 90379218
Leonora: 90376568
Sandstone: 99635859
Laverton: 90311072
Menzies: 90313380

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by leinsterlad on Wed 19 Sep 2018, 6:44 pm

thanks for all the info