cryovac/food sealer machines

Go down

cryovac/food sealer machines

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 3:58 pm

I'm needing some suggestions on a good machine that will bag seal meat that can be kept in a fridge for at least a week. I don't have a twin zone fridge/freezer.
I've had enough of tinned baked beans and 2 minute noodles Razz
Lots of machines on the market so all suggestions are welcome
Cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: cryovac/food sealer machines

Post by Nightjar on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 5:45 pm

Cliff, Ebay have many, it's the way to go, we seal all our meat. From memory the local butchers charge about 50 cents a bag.
We also vacuum vegies and they keep for weeks.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Fresh-Food-Savers-Storage-Sealer-Machine-Vacuum-Food-Storage-Sealers-Bags/142750005710?var=&hash=item213c9039ce

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 7:50 pm

This is the great as it is 12v/240 so ideal in bush:
Dometic
but I use this one:
Primus resealer

IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 8:46 am

I have been using the Sunbeam Foodsaver for a few years now and it seems to be doing a good job. Sealed meat easily lasts for two weeks in the fridge.

I generally don’t leave chicken for much longer than a week.  It may still be OK, but I am not prepared to take the chance that it has started to go off!

Whatever brand of vacuum sealer that you buy, check out ebay for replacement rolls/bags.  They are a lot cheaper there than buying name brand replacements.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopperite on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 1:54 pm

Sunbeam Foodsaver. Does a good job but too big to cart around. Home use only.

Hopperite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinket on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 11:29 am

I de-hydrate most of my meat and veg and chuck it in snap lock bags. Lasts months. Got a little 12v slow cooker and just wack in some meat/veg/water in the morning, run off the solar all day and all y need to do is bang up a damper.
Beats tinned dog.
Trinket

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty on Thu 27 Sep 2018, 10:43 pm

Hey Big nuggs just bought a dometic on eBay for $149 + 5% discount (code plugs5) let u know how it goes.Itll be handy for leftover casseroles and bread being 12v on the big trips.I cryovac everything before camping with my commercial machine (eg sliced onion,carrots,celery,olives,bacon)meat I cryovac then freeze to so the fridge doesn’t run to hard.

hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 6:37 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm gunna try the basic sunbeam machine, $118 from Retravsion and see how it goes.
As long as it will bag seal meat and keep in the fridge for a week, it will do the job. Snags and steak will do. Chicken is always a bit iffy but you can smell it if it is off.
Cheers and thanks

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 7:37 pm

Hey Cliff, here are a few from kogan and one from 4x4 superstore. One of the kogan ones has a set of kitchen scales built in so you can measure those big nuggets. Razz Razz Twisted Evil

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/adventure-kings-vacuum-sealer.html?gclid=CjwKCAjworfdBRA7EiwAKX9HeBudj9-iNop5qgxe7zA5xaxUUjKjCaPEOFR1s3XPEYNBwNA4l-fgbRoC9XIQAvD_BwE

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-2-1-food-vacuum-sealer-kitchen-scale/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_ads&gclid=CjwKCAjworfdBRA7EiwAKX9HeOAsYBsT9_8NLzHMwqUcry8B4GyZykKc6uxlFZq1Tf2Zl8xE0gJ6cBoCPb0QAvD_BwE

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-food-vacuum-sealer/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_ads&gclid=CjwKCAjworfdBRA7EiwAKX9HeNy0ePBTkcIMLwzP0Hr0R-FYUhfhW4gSM9RmZYuMYjH8s6Zftpjl5xoCuNsQAvD_BwE

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-premium-food-vacuum-sealer-kogan/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_ads&gclid=CjwKCAjworfdBRA7EiwAKX9HeBlOM2fuKXAWYTcLVnBv3ZMAV_1_IahHa3lzH6kw2XLrwvZ-i693nxoCnmkQAvD_BwE

Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiewa on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 8:12 am

I have the Sunbeam food saver, does a great job of sealing everything. Replacement rolls I buy in K Mart.

Goldiewa

Back to top Go down

Post by lak1568 on Sun 07 Oct 2018, 8:59 pm

Vaclock from www.tv2you.com.au have reusable & washable bags in 3 sizes and 1 manual vacuum pump or an electric pump with 240 volt adapter or Battery power.
I got them from a 4x4 show a few years ago and also use them at home, but don't defrost any product in the Microwave, it stuffs the bag.

lak1568

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum