the prezzy i got the wife

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the prezzy i got the wife

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:39 am

i thought i would get something different for the wife for her b'day today. i had the young fella pick a nugget out of the collection and get it put on a chain. did cost a bit of money $260 but she loves it

cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Re: the prezzy i got the wife

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:44 am

Beautiful Stoppsy, lucky girl, that one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:17 am

stoppsy wrote:i thought i would get something different for the wife for her b'day today. i had the young fella pick a nugget out of the collection and get it put on a chain. did cost a bit of money $260 but she loves it

cheers
stoppsy

Thats a nice gift to your Mrs and I reckon she appreciates it and looks nice too, BUT why do we all need to know how much you paid, is it just a bragg and a look at me moment or what. Sleep

BJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:28 am

I asked Stoppsy how much it cost to put together as i had one for over 20 years but it wore flat from rubbing, and i wanted to get a new one made...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shivan on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

BUT why do we all need to know how much you paid, is it just a bragg and a look at me moment or what
Maybe there are other out there who would like to do similar and would like to know the cost of getting something like this done.
What the hell does stating the cost of something have to do with bragging anyway? or are you just jealous that it wasnt for you scratch
Shivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:54 am

Very nice gift for the one you love Stoppsy Very Happy

I'm sure she will cherish it for life mate, there is no better gift than one from the heart.

Brian: i dont think it was a "look at me" thing as you might think, Stoppsy is simply giving
his sweetheart a gift and is very proud to be able to say "i found this and i want you to have it"..

Cheers for showing us Stoppa's mate, and all the best to the missus.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

Makaw wrote:I asked Stoppsy how much it cost to put together as i had one for over 20 years but it wore flat from rubbing, and i wanted to get a new one made...
that's right mate, the amount of people who have asked how much it cost to get done, this is why i posted the price...Modern Day Prospector, if i was to brag about anything it would be what is turning up monday or tuesday not this... i was just proud off what become of it and thought i would post it. the best thing is the wife loves it... i would like to say more but i wont..
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:28 am

Bloody beautiful, and priceless! :bounce:

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:37 am

Nice mate. Bet she is very happy with that

Themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

thanks AussieAU, it is bloody nice i couldn't believe how well it turned out.

she was very happy themrburns, it's good to see something you found turn out like that...
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:51 am

stoppsy wrote:that's right mate, the amount of people who have asked how much it cost to get done, this is why i posted the price...Modern Day Prospector, if i was to brag about anything it would be what is turning up monday or tuesday not this... i was just proud off what become of it and thought i would post it. the best thing is the wife loves it... i would like to say more but i wont..
cheers
stoppsy

Well it must be the wet weather, everyone is getting a bit touchy, :bom:

If you read my original post properly you will see I congratulated you on a very nice gift for your wife. The only thing I find odd is you would put up a $ price for a gift, if someone wants more info about how much $ you spend a PM would do the trick, its not like how much you paid for a coil or a set of tyres mate.

As for Shivan saying
"What the hell does stating the cost of something have to do with bragging anyway? or are you just jealous that it wasnt for you"

Nothing except it was a gift to his wife, and if you think I am jealous, then I think your a bit rude 🐷

A gift is a gift its not about its $ value

Crazy Pete wrote
"Brian: i dont think it was a "look at me" thing as you might think, Stoppsy is simply giving
his sweetheart a gift and is very proud to be able to say "i found this and i want you to have it".."

I agree Pete, but when someone say I spent this much $ I find it a bit odd, a PM is more sutiable in this instance.

And I don't know why you keep calling me Brian???????????

BJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Shivan on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

Nothing except it was a gift to his wife, and if you think I am jealous, then I think your a bit rude
Jealosy was the only reason i could think you would post something like you did, unless you were just trying to stir things up, then congradulations job well done. Suspect

You think iam rude Shocked scratch maybe you should re-read your post where you tryed to call someone a braggart for simply sharing the cost of turning a gold nugget into a piece of jewellery before you go pointing fingers.

I agree Pete, but when someone say I spent this much $ I find it a bit odd, a PM is more sutiable in this instance
If you used your brain for more than stirring shit you may have realised this is a public forum to share experiences and information, and rather than send 100 different people PM's with the same info on how much it cost it would be alot easyer to just post the price with the story.

Shivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm

Modern Day Prospector wrote:
stoppsy wrote:that's right mate, the amount of people who have asked how much it cost to get done, this is why i posted the price...Modern Day Prospector, if i was to brag about anything it would be what is turning up monday or tuesday not this... i was just proud off what become of it and thought i would post it. the best thing is the wife loves it... i would like to say more but i wont..
cheers
stoppsy

Well it must be the wet weather, everyone is getting a bit touchy, :bom:

If you read my original post properly you will see I congratulated you on a very nice gift for your wife. The only thing I find odd is you would put up a $ price for a gift, if someone wants more info about how much $ you spend a PM would do the trick, its not like how much you paid for a coil or a set of tyres mate.

As for Shivan saying
"What the hell does stating the cost of something have to do with bragging anyway? or are you just jealous that it wasnt for you"

Nothing except it was a gift to his wife, and if you think I am jealous, then I think your a bit rude 🐷

A gift is a gift its not about its $ value

Crazy Pete wrote
"Brian: i dont think it was a "look at me" thing as you might think, Stoppsy is simply giving
his sweetheart a gift and is very proud to be able to say "i found this and i want you to have it".."

I agree Pete, but when someone say I spent this much $ I find it a bit odd, a PM is more sutiable in this instance.

And I don't know why you keep calling me Brian???????????

BJ
well look another jealous person just out to start shit... mate get the hell over it, if i wont to put the price of cost up so if other people are thinking about getting it done well it's my choice...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

stoppsy
dont let the subordinates rattle you''
Just got a piece done for my young fella--turns 21 in a weeks time..
i'll abreveate the costs
costs: fuel--$850
nugget 17grams $750
birthstone $350
leather necklace $250
jeweller costs $260 mmmh maybe same jeweller.
my labour $165 per hour 100 hours = $16,500

at the end ofthe day no one really gives two bob obout the costs.
Ya mrs is what its all about--
my son is just as valuable--

and really if we all were to sit down and worry about costs then u should all get a real job and leave prospecting to the blokes who really appreciate what we find and what real satisfaction we can give to someone else...thats the best feeling....I dont give a phuck about cost--never have never will.

I suppose life is a real bitch if u want to hang around me--I call a spade a spade--

regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

I got the extended Peter North penis pump 14 inches plus. for $399 Now thats bragging !!! the old 12 inch one was to small... Lighten up guys.....Chilax and have some fun...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

that's it mate, the cost isn't the thing but i have had a lot people asking how much it cost to get it done (even the mother inlaw) she wonts me to get one done for her. i'v had people ask if they could buy some gold off me to get it done.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:57 pm

know how u feel Makaw
Sent the Mrs into the chemist a while back and told her to ask for the extra large condoms with the ribs on them..

Well should of heard the mrs when she got back home---

Not a happy chappy--couldnt believe she could swear that good.

great fun

Hope u r learning something stoppsy..

uck em..

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

:rolf:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

Thanks for your post stoppsy, I've been thinking of getting the same thing done to a nice little nug I've kept for many years but never went to a jeweler to find out the cost. Now I know what price I'd be looking at.

It'll be cheaper than what I've outlayed in the last 2 days
New whipper snipper $247 plus GST from bunnings
Replacement battery for the coiltek regulated system $67
new computer software $45

Geez, ain't I a mug for mentioning prices Razz and I prefer French Ticklers but the local chemist doesn't sell them and I get dirty looks from the women in the shop when I ask for them :rolf:

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

Hi Stoppsy,

I think the gift is fantastic and knowing a little about your wife I think she will love that for life, Its a fine thing you have done, gone out on a hot day, struggled with the heat, fly's, snakes, spiders and your favorite ANTs to find the perfect bit of gold then fork out your hard earnt to pay a jeweler to turn it into what it is.

Hope you got a belly rub when you gave it to her mate.

All tyhe best.

Oh Yeh, PM sent also re new toy

madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:35 pm

Makaw wrote:I got the extended Peter North penis pump 14 inches plus. for $399 Now thats bragging !!! the old 12 inch one was to small... Lighten up guys.....Chilax and have some fun...
Only $399 you say.?? hmmm??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

the main reason we followed down to this forum was the fact that most of us go by 2 important factors--
1) we respect the southern cross and its rendition.

2) DILLIGAF

To al new comers who do not know what it means I will enlighten you
+
+
+
+
+

DO
I
LOOK
I
GIVE
A
f##k

Do it right or get on ya bike...

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 5:31 pm

Nice gift idea stoppsy. Just brings back sad memories to me. My first ever nugget, a 1/4 ozer I had done up like that for my first wife and sadly she still has it. grrr.
Aren't they supposed to throw the rings and jewellery back at you? Unfortunately she didn't and so I made sure my 'new' wife got a bigger one... :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:45 pm

My mrs, god bless her heart, hates me gettin on here and I'm damned if I know why. But she loved what you did for your wife.
Now I gotta get off if I want a bit tonight. What we do for our ladies, say no more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

Exactly, you have your lady, keep her happy. We would be stuffed without them.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum